Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Options - What can you do without

Gazellio

Gazellio

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
As a Motor trader dealing in Range Rover & Discovery 4 (And a California Owner) I am considering stocking nearly new California when/if they become available to me from several sources that I have.

I am interested in what YOU the California public consider to be must have options as many dealers seem to make very odd choices when speccing their display vans.

My point being that some expensive options are a must have for some (Parking Heater or LED Headlights) while others do not see them as necessary. Then we have items like the comfort dash/SAT NAV/Audio Connectivity again a must for some but not for others and the list literally goes on and one.

Of course there has to be a balance between cost of Van and Options included so I would appreciated those willing to rearrange the following ten options into 5 MUST HAVES and 5 COULD DO WITHOUTS.

Assuming you were/are buying a 2017+ Beach 150 manual

1. Timed Parking Heater
2. LED Headlamps
3. Steering Wheel Controls
4. Satellite Navigation
5. 6.33 Media Centre with Audio/USB
6. Electric Mirrors
7. Front and Rear Parking Sensors with Rear Camera
8. Heated Cloth Seats
9. Comfort Dashboard
10. Cruise Control

I appreciate lots of options not included but please just concentrate on the list provided.

MUST HAVES

COULD DO WITHOUT

Cut and paste above

Thanks

Gary

PS: A note afterwards stating how many of the 10 you actually have on current Van would also be very interesting - I only have factory 5 but it seems highly specced as I added the parking heater and aftermarket LED/H7 lights later

Last edited:
Must have: 1,2,7,10,3
Could do without: 5,9,8,6,4

I have all my must haves apart from LED headlights. Like you I have now fitted the TransporterHQ lights but would still rather have factory LEDs

MUST HAVES

1.Parking heater
2.Cruise control
3.Navi
4.Heated seats
5.Lowering kit. LOL .

MUST HAVES

1.Parking heater
2.Cruise control
3.Navi
4.Heated seats
5.Privacy glass
6.Aux or usb socket
7.Towbar wiring in place
8. 4 keys

WESTFALIA - please choose just 5 Must Haves FROM MY LIST of TEN for the purpose of my/this thread PLEASE!

I will assume:
MUST HAVES

1.Parking heater
2.Cruise control
3.Navi
4.Heated seats
5.6.33 Media Centre with Audio/USB

Must have: 1, 4, 5, 7, 10

Could do without: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9.

Do have: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10.

Even if the comfort dash was a zero cost option I'd go for the uncomfortable version - I just love all the little compartments for bits and bobs.

Also I suggest 150 DSG as a base model. The DSG and cruise control upgrade are just meant to be together.

If I recall correctly, there are three headlight options for the Beach. LEDs are a pure indulgence for us, and by all accounts the standard Beach lights are rubbish - so why not spec the middle version, H7(?)?

You might also do well to order the additional seats and if buyers don't want them with their car there are always people looking for one or two additional seats.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Its very difficult to chose just 5. I have most of those options and they all come into their own at some point. For example, I have the led lights, not an option I would've initially picked but they are brilliant at night - so much brighter than the others.

1. Timed Parking Heater - yes
2. LED Headlamps - yes
3. Steering Wheel Controls - yes - very handy - especially with the phone prep
4. Satellite Navigation - yes
5. 6.33 Media Centre with Audio/USB - Mmm not so bothered but USB port handy for charging
6. Electric Mirrors - yes including power fold
7. Front and Rear Parking Sensors with Rear Camera - yes
8. Heated Cloth Seats - yes - never had them before but used a lot this winter
9. Comfort Dashboard - not bothered
10. Cruise Control - yes

I would also add the heated front screen. Also, the 30mm lowering kit as the van is less wallowy (if that's a word) with these springs fitted.

1. Timed Parking Heater
2. Cruise Control
3. Front and Rear Parking Sensors with Rear Camera
4. 6.33 Media Centre with Audio/USB
5. LED Headlamps

6. Heated Cloth Seats (Mrs Mccp would swap this with 5)
7. Steering Wheel Controls (you get this with cruise don't you?)
8. Comfort Dashboard
9. Electric Mirrors
10. Satellite Navigation

This is from the pov of an Ocean owner, but it's what I would have on a Beach. For me the standard Ocean lights are fine, so LEDs not so high up on an Ocean spec list for me.

6.33 Media Centre with Audio/USB
Its very difficult to chose just 5. I have most of those options and they all come into their own at some point. For example, I have the led lights, not an option I would've initially picked but they are brilliant at night - so much brighter than the others.

1. Timed Parking Heater - yes
2. LED Headlamps - yes
3. Steering Wheel Controls - yes - very handy - especially with the phone prep
4. Satellite Navigation - yes
5. 6.33 Media Centre with Audio/USB - Mmm not so bothered but USB port handy for charging
6. Electric Mirrors - yes including power fold
7. Front and Rear Parking Sensors with Rear Camera - yes
8. Heated Cloth Seats - yes - never had them before but used a lot this winter
9. Comfort Dashboard - not bothered
10. Cruise Control - yes

I would also add the heated front screen. Also, the 30mm lowering kit as the van is less wallowy (if that's a word) with these springs fitted.

I am NOT asking what people would spec themselves I am asking THE VERY HARD QUESTION to name just 5 of the LIST I PROVIDED>

Its for a reason and RULES is RULES :headbang

WESTFALIA - please choose just 5 Must Haves FROM MY LIST of TEN for the purpose of my/this thread PLEASE!

I will assume:
MUST HAVES

1.Parking heater
2.Cruise control
3.Navi
4.Heated seats
Yeah. I´ll go with those options. I can live without the rest.
Although i would add privacy glass later, probably after i´d lowered it.:thumb
I understand the question now, i think.

If I were buying a Beach, my list would be;

MUST HAVES

1. Timed Parking Heater
2. 6.33 Media Centre
3. Front and Rear Parking Sensors with Rear Camera
4. Heated seats
5. Cruise control

COULD DO WITHOUT

1. LED headlamps
2. Steering wheel controls
3. Sat Nav
4. Electric mirrors
5. Comfort dash

On mine, I don’t have LEDs or SatNav.

I will assume:
MUST HAVES

1.Parking heater
2.Cruise control
3.Navi
4.Heated seats
what is a 6.33 media centre??

picgifs-sorry-497911.gif
can not keep to the rules as would not buy a Beach or a non DSG so count me out.

I was trying to get people that wanted to join in to post their top 5 from my 10. If you or others do not want to join in then its simpler not to post at all. It makes collating the info I wanted more difficult. I think I made that clear at the top of the thread. No offence intended. :)

As a Motor trader dealing in Range Rover & Discovery 4 (And a California Owner) I am considering stocking nearly new California when/if they become available to me from several sources that I have.

I am interested in what YOU the California public consider to be must have options as many dealers seem to make very odd choices when speccing their display vans.

My point being that some expensive options are a must have for some (Parking Heater or LED Headlights) while others do not see them as necessary. Then we have items like the comfort dash/SAT NAV/Audio Connectivity again a must for some but not for others and the list literally goes on and one.

Of course there has to be a balance between cost of Van and Options included so I would appreciated those willing to rearrange the following ten options into 5 MUST HAVES and 5 COULD DO WITHOUTS.

1. Timed Parking Heater
2. LED Headlamps
4. Satellite Navigation
6. Electric Mirrors
8. Heated Cloth Seats
9. Comfort Dashboard
10. Cruise Control

I appreciate lots of options not included but please just concentrate on the list provided.

MUST HAVES

COULD DO WITHOUT

Cut and paste above

Thanks

Gary

PS: A note afterwards stating how many of the 10 you actually have on current Van would also be very interesting - I only have factory 5 but it seems highly specced as I added the parking heater and LED lights later
I thought your replacement had LED DRL’s but H7 Halogen bulbs? That’s not really equivalent to Factory fitted LED’s. They look good and appear better than the normal Beach headlights though.

1. Timed Parking Heater
2. LED Headlamps
4. Satellite Navigation
6. Electric Mirrors
8. Heated Cloth Seats
9. Comfort Dashboard
10. Cruise Control

MUST HAVES

COULD DO WITHOUT

Cut and paste above

Thanks

Gary

PS: A note afterwards stating how many of the 10 you actually have on current Van would also be very interesting - I only have factory 5 but it seems highly specced as I added the parking heater and LED lights later
From a business POV, it might be better looking at a lower end specced ocean, by the time you have added a lot of extras on to a Beach, the price will have overtaken an Ocean which already has a lot of things on it as standard. Just a thought

From a business POV, it might be better looking at a lower end specced ocean, by the time you have added a lot of extras on to a Beach, the price will have overtaken an Ocean which already has a lot of things on it as standard. Just a thought

Its a good thought and I agree with you entirely. I have established links with several VW Dealers and am being offered pre specced demos with 50 miles or less and have a choice of Beaches at the moment and all with different spec. As its dangerous to assume everybody thinks like yourself (me) I just wanted a feeling from the forum on the high priority items as all the vans miss a few items that might be specced (ideally) by potential NEW buyers.

Its a good thought and I agree with you entirely. I have established links with several VW Dealers and am being offered pre specced demos with 50 miles or less and have a choice of Beaches at the moment and all with different spec. As its dangerous to assume everybody thinks like yourself (me) I just wanted a feeling from the forum on the high priority items as all the vans miss a few items that might be specced (ideally) by potential NEW buyers.
The Heater seems to be a favourite. I suppose buying in a Beach without a heater, but with more “ Driving Options “ could be advantageous if you then had the Heater fitted as you did. I’m sure you could more than cover the cost when selling on.

1. Timed Parking Heater
2. LED Headlamps
4. Satellite Navigation
6. Electric Mirrors
8. Heated Cloth Seats
9. Comfort Dashboard
10. Cruise Control

MUST HAVES

COULD DO WITHOUT

Cut and paste above

Thanks

Gary

MUST HAVES

1. Timed Parking Heater
2. Front and Rear Parking Sensors with Rear Camera
3. Cruise Control
4. LED Headlamps
5. Heated Cloth Seats

COULD DO WITHOUT

1. Steering Wheel Controls
2. 6.33 Media Centre with Audio/USB
3. Electric Mirrors
4. Comfort Dashboard
5. Satellite Navigation

I have an Ocean with all of the above except satellite navigation. Rationale for my priority is factory fitted options that are hard to retrofit or that I want to have warranty cover. I prefer not to have factory satellite navigation. I would rather use my phone.

Back