Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Options - What can you do without

There is nothing I could do without or don’t find useful and I would think most buyers spending so much money would rather have it all...IMO

In place of navi, why not get app connect at a fraction of the cost then you have google maps on dash screen which is far superior to most Navs anyway.

In place of navi, why not get app connect at a fraction of the cost then you have google maps on dash screen which is far superior to most Navs anyway.
Gurgle maps is hilarious in Greece. It cannot pronounce road names so spells each one in the Greek alphabet.

I love my VW sat nav, but could manage perfectly happily without app connect.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I like Google Maps but also like the VW Sat Nav especially after you finally work out all the functions that are not necessarily intuitive.

As a Motor trader dealing in Range Rover & Discovery 4 (And a California Owner) I am considering stocking nearly new California when/if they become available to me from several sources that I have.

I am interested in what YOU the California public consider to be must have options as many dealers seem to make very odd choices when speccing their display vans.

My point being that some expensive options are a must have for some (Parking Heater or LED Headlights) while others do not see them as necessary. Then we have items like the comfort dash/SAT NAV/Audio Connectivity again a must for some but not for others and the list literally goes on and one.

Of course there has to be a balance between cost of Van and Options included so I would appreciated those willing to rearrange the following ten options into 5 MUST HAVES and 5 COULD DO WITHOUTS.

Assuming you were/are buying a 2017+ Beach 150 manual

1. Timed Parking Heater
2. LED Headlamps
3. Steering Wheel Controls
4. Satellite Navigation
5. 6.33 Media Centre with Audio/USB
6. Electric Mirrors
7. Front and Rear Parking Sensors with Rear Camera
8. Heated Cloth Seats
9. Comfort Dashboard
10. Cruise Control

I appreciate lots of options not included but please just concentrate on the list provided.

MUST HAVES

COULD DO WITHOUT

Cut and paste above

Thanks

Gary

PS: A note afterwards stating how many of the 10 you actually have on current Van would also be very interesting - I only have factory 5 but it seems highly specced as I added the parking heater and aftermarket LED/H7 lights later

Hi Gary
Recognise the van. Still going strong. In answer to your question. What I think is really superfluous is the electric sliding door. I could do without it. It is noisy,heavy and unreliable. Hope you are well mate

I have an iPhone and Google maps doesn’t work on my screen, only Apple Maps. How do you get google maps to work please?

I bought it from you and you delivered it to Ashbourne in Derbyshire after visiting a show at the NEC.

Ah yes of course I was looking for a Blue or Bronze picture as they were my previous California's I forgot about the Black one I had in stock in the Land Rover business. Lovely Van that was I hope your still enjoying it!

Ah yes of course I was looking for a Blue or Bronze picture as they were my previous California's I forgot about the Black one I had in stock in the Land Rover business. Lovely Van that was I hope your still enjoying it!

Yes thanks Gary. Roof has been done and it is running like a dream. Off to Scotland on the NC500 in May. Brilliant van.

MUST HAVES

1.led lights
2.satnav
3.heater
4.parking sensors
5.heated seats

COULD DO WITHOUT

1. Leccy mirrors
2.dash
3.cruise
4.steering controls
5.media

I have all of the above, on my ocean (not sure about the comfort dash though) my husband would have other ideas (for re sale for example!)

Must haves:

1) heater
2) media (with App Connect as SatNav is crap)
3) dash (otherwise you don't know where to put your mobile)
4) cruise control
5) Rear camera only (possible in Italy - parking sensors are for Women!)

6) Led lights retrofitted (too pricey).

Last edited:
Must haves _ LED lights, reversing sensors (ideally front sensors as well - camera also if part of package), cruise control, heated seats, electric mirrors. The rest I can happily do without!
Currently do not have LED lights - only equivalent of 2 candles, and would like a solution that does not require a mortgage (problem of buying an ex-demonstrator!)

My £450 replacements are much better than the factory lights and have LED DRLs similar to factory but don't expect factory LED performance. Better but nowhere near factory LED.

Back