Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Options - What can you do without

MUST HAVES (in my Beach)

1. Overnight Heater
2. Exterior Pack (includes fog lights and headlights upgrade to H7)
3. Comfort Mattress
4. Parking Sensors
5. Awning/Canopy (expensive to upgrade later)

COULD DO WITHOUT

1. Comfort Dash
2. 6.33 Media Centre
3. Middle-Row Seats (although this is surely based on needs)
4. 16" Wheels, Instead of 17s (easy to upgrade later)
5. Could live with Candy white, instead or Oryx (not sure if this applies to any other colour tho.)

Above aside..... When I selected "my options" I focussed on what could be revisited down-the-line and what couldn't be.... Some changes require more money thrown at them than others, to the point were they make them deal-breakers perhaps....

It's easy to change the wheels, or add an awning or heater (albeit at a cost.) Not so easy to swap the dash out, change colour or switch from manual to DSG etc. For these reasons, some options are weighted more than others, so it ends up at the point where you need to strike a balance, and be happy in that having a Cali, is the main result at the end of the day.

Thanks for posting Jonathon but you have chosen your own top ten rather than 5 from my 10 as asked so although interesting its not relevant to me in respect of the specific purpose of this thread as set out at the beginning (First Post) and several times throughout the thread. :Depressed

PS: I guess we need a new thread where peeps can post their own Top Five Must haves rather than answer my specific request :thumb

Thanks for posting Jonathon but you have chosen your own top ten rather than 5 from my 10 as asked so although interesting its not relevant to me in respect of the specific purpose of this thread as set out at the beginning (First Post) and several times throughout the thread. :Depressed

PS: I guess we need a new thread where peeps can post their own Top Five Must haves rather than answer my specific request :thumb
It appears you are fighting a losing battle.

Mike

Van 1 might be lowered.... Night Night :Nailbiting
Slept on it.
VAN 1 for me please.

Only because i know that a retro fit parking heater is easy done for 1500 quid
and it´s a neat job too.
Would i buy a van or 2 to shift on without a parking heater ?
I don´t think so, the other extras that the van doesn´t have you can easily smooth over but
if it doesn´t have a heater it could be a deal breaker.

VAN 2 - add app control to it so satnav can work from your phone and then get a bottom half wrap in red to make it two-tone.

Proper camper and already has the factory fit heater and comfort dash. The VW satnav is overpriced for the pretty poor system it is.

Yes that seems to be tbe general opinion and I agree. However many people buy Beach models to use as a family car and occassional summer camping or days out. These oeople may prefer cruise control heated seats and sat nav etc to a heater they do not need. Just for balance..

True, although cruise control is an easy (and fairly cheap) retrofit too. It's a pity the first one doesn't have a heater and not the nav.

....am i the only soul who would defenatly could do without ROOF CORROSION
:D

OK which of these two would YOU choose:

VAN1
DISCOVER MEDIA SATELLITE NAVIGATION 6.33`` COLOUR TOUCH SCREEN ,FRONT & REAR PARKING SENSORS,3-ZONE CLIMATRONIC AIR CONDITIONING w,HEATED FRONT SEATS,CRUISE CONTROL,BLUETOOTH PHONE CONNECTIVITY WITH WI-FI,POWER FOLDING DOOR MIRRORS,LEATHER MULTI FUNCTION STEERING WHEEL,,,Swivelling Driver & Passenger Seats,Carpet Floor Covering Cab,2 Swivelling & Removable Rear Seats,3 Seater Movable Bench Seat With Reclining Action,Interior Light Concept,Multi Function Display Plus,USB Interface (Ipod/Iphone) AUX In Jack,SD Card Slot / Mp3 Compatible CD Drive,Bed Extension With Comfort Sleeping Mat ,Privacy Glass,Green Heat Insulating Glass,Front & Rear Armrests,Lumbar Support,,Glazed Rear Tailgate With Wash / Wipe,Awning Housing Rail In Black,16`` Clayton Alloy Wheels ,Front Fog Lights With Cornering Function, Black Awning.

VAN2
Programmable Parking Heater function; with radio remote control, Headlamps with LED daytime running lights, Front and Rear Parking Sensors with Rear Camera, Wing mirrors: heated,power adjustable and power folding, Climatronic 3-zone A/C with 2nd evaporator, auxiliary heater, air conditioned headliner and additional passenger control, Awning- Silver, Air Conditioning, Headlamp Washers, Composit Media Radio 6.33 screen, interface (for iPod/Iphone) and AUX-IN jack , Front Seat Armrests & Swivelling, Comfort Sleeping Mat, Interior Light Concept, Electric Mirrors, Sliding window in front and fixed window in rear in load/passenger compartment on driver side ,Comfort Dashboard, Cloth interior,
There really should be a 3rd van option!

You are being far too scientific for a car dealer. A career in astro physics may suit.

Must haves

1. Timed Parking Heater
3. Steering Wheel Controls
5. 6.33 Media Centre with Audio/USB
7. Front and Rear Parking Sensors with Rear Camera
8. Heated Cloth Seats
9. Comfort Dashboard
10. Cruise Control (ACC but then I'd go DSG anyway)

Could do without
2. LED Headlamps
4. Satellite Navigation
6. Electric Mirrors

Must haves

1. Timed Parking Heater
3. Steering Wheel Controls
5. 6.33 Media Centre with Audio/USB
7. Front and Rear Parking Sensors with Rear Camera
8. Heated Cloth Seats
9. Comfort Dashboard
10. Cruise Control (ACC but then I'd go DSG anyway)

Could do without
2. LED Headlamps
4. Satellite Navigation
6. Electric Mirrors

At what point was this a 5 Must Haves and 5 Do with-outs from my list in first post? :headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

At what point was this a 5 Must Haves and 5 Do with-outs from my list in first post? :headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

Since I can't have the comfort dash without the 6.33 Media Centre and likewise ACC comes with the steering wheel controls, so I only chose five, but the other two came with those options!

Since I can't have the comfort dash without the 6.33 Media Centre and likewise ACC comes with the steering wheel controls, so I only chose five, but the other two came with those options!

Incorrect:

You can have the Steering Wheel Controls without having Cruise control (As in MY California)
You can have the Comfort Dash with 6.33 Media Centre Screen & Radio but With-out Sat Nav.
You can have the 6.33 Media Centre without the Comfort Dash

:sad

Last edited:
Back