Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DataPlug

JonathanB

JonathanB

Dido the Red Cali
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
My VW dealer says that the DataPlug won't work on my T6 Beach. But on the web some people claim to use it. Does anyone on this forum use it on a Cali?

We use one on a T5 SE. It was given to us at the VW Parkway Van Centre in Leicester when we went for our first MOT. The only problem we have had is that it will only connect to one phone and not two. By trying to connect with two phones we have confused it and keep getting ourselves locked out. At the weekend when we visited the van centre again they confirmed that the data plugs will only connect with one phone handset (not what we were told before) so we will keep the app on one phone and delete it from the other.

I got one & then removed it on the advice of the VW Assist bloke, who said it interfered with the systems. I didn't ask much detail as I was dismissed back to the house while he fixed whatever it was unhappy about...

I have a VW data plug in my T6 Beach - after an update to the app it became reluctant to auto-record journeys so I stopped using it as the gaff:benefit ratio soured.

Similar thing happened for me with Fitbit - metrics & data are fascinating to begin with & I then realise I’m working hard solely to please a machine ...

Mine works fine; although stopped using it as it requires location to be ‘always’ on and drained the phone battery too quickly

Back