Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Free Data Plug

Thanks Alec I will see if I can get one from my dealers before we go across the channel on Wednesday then I can have a play.

Rod

We could start a competition, see who can get the highest or maybe lowest scores on the "driving challenges"! I've already scored a "could do better" on braking!☹️

On my last trip, I was awarded 93% and I am up to 1,488 points. Absolutely no idea how I achieved either of those numbers - I will read the instructions shortly. Anyone got higher?

I found the 'parking location' really accurate, it even showed the track when my wife moved my van 10 feet over to put her new car in front of the camera.

In my app there is no option to score points … could someone post a screenshot please?

OK, then mine is a completely different App?

It's called MyVolkswagen. I can book service, locate my parking spot, see if the car is locked and how much fuel is in the tank.

And then it gives a head up if all critical systems are up: Oil, Battery, Cooler, Brakes, ABS, EPS, Airbag and washerfluid.

2017-09-12 15.22.52.png

That's a different app to what I have.

I assume we are talking about two different data plugs.

One that is installed at VW for free and supports the MyVolkswagen App. And one that needs the VW Connect Media (infotainment unit) and the WiFi stick to be installed in the cali as an extra option?

My one is the free version, and you plug it into the OBD socket yourself.

My one is the free version, and you plug it into the OBD socket yourself.

Now I am confused ;-)

What kinda radio unit do you have? Composition Color (standard)? I guess you must have at least Composition Media or Discover Media Plus (Navigation)?

I just downloaded the App you have, and it asks for the CarStick (Extra option), a SIM-card or another LAN to link the infotainment to the internet. So I guess it takes at least Discover Media Plus to be able to use the Volkswagen Media Control App …

The system I have is not hooked up to the radio unit. But solely to the car.

No worries mate, let us know how you get on.

so I took my 4 year old in for a cam belt change this morning and asked for a VW Connect, the response was.... 'never heard of it'
I replied well it tells me when my important services are due just like the cam belt its in for today that you never told me about.....
They are now going to find out for me and let me know later when I pick her up :)

IMG_0017.JPG
This is what they should give you, then you download the VW Connect app.

so I took my 4 year old in for a cam belt change this morning and asked for a VW Connect, the response was.... 'never heard of it'
I replied well it tells me when my important services are due just like the cam belt its in for today that you never told me about.....
They are now going to find out for me and let me know later when I pick her up :)
I suspect that the commercial dealers are not that involved as I think the gadget is aimed at the car owners rather than van. I got mine from the local car dealer, parts department.

Just collected one for my car dealer, was not happy as not the suppling dealer. He said he had to place a registration number against each one then handed to me without asking for my reg number!!!

I suspect that the commercial dealers are not that involved as I think the gadget is aimed at the car owners rather than van. I got mine from the local car dealer, parts department.
I think I might have to pop into the local car dealer although the van centre said they would get me one..... we will see

Fits just under the steering wheel on the righthand side, you can't miss it's purple, very easy to set up.

Hi Toot-toot, the OBD socket is under the steering column. It's smaller than you imagine, but if you can get your head under there, you should see it.

Back