Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Day lights

amdby

amdby

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Can anyone please remind me how to turn these off? When on site, I like to have the radio on and cigarette lighter sockets live, so the ignition on, but don't want the lights on. Thanks.

Can anyone please remind me how to turn these off? When on site, I like to have the radio on and cigarette lighter sockets live, so the ignition on, but don't want the lights on. Thanks.
You cannot.
Why do you have to have the ignition On for the radio? Most VW radios can be just switched on without ignition just using the Volume/On button. It then stays on for about 20-30 minutes. This is to protect the engine battery as modern radios are power hungry. This switch Off period cannot be altered as it is coded into the car electronics.
I don't know which year vehicle you have but some SE's came with 2 Dashboard 12 v sockets, The one on top runs off the Leisure Battery and the one in the pull out cupholder from the engine battery, but on mine that is NOT Ignition controlled and is always ON.

You cannot.
Why do you have to have the ignition On for the radio? Most VW radios can be just switched on without ignition just using the Volume/On button. It then stays on for about 20-30 minutes. This is to protect the engine battery as modern radios are power hungry. This switch Off period cannot be altered as it is coded into the car electronics.
I don't know which year vehicle you have but some SE's came with 2 Dashboard 12 v sockets, The one on top runs off the Leisure Battery and the one in the pull out cupholder from the engine battery, but on mine that is NOT Ignition controlled and is always ON.
The on-time for an RCD310 in a T5.1 can be altered. I did it on mine, when I still used that unit. If you have VCDS you can change the on-time.
The 12V socket on the dashboard is live from the starter battery, the 3 others in the van are live from the leisure batteries.

No need for ignition to stay on while using them.