Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Decided not to wait fot T7

L

Lorri

T6 204 Ocean
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Having already sold our T6 3 months ago and after much much deliberation and YouTube video watching, we've decided not to wait for T7 to come onto market. Think it will be too 'gimmicky' for us. After listing pros/cons we've found a lovely T6.1 two tone and picking up next week.

Congratulations! What colour did you choose? Don’t forget to post photos when you get it!

Good decision - you could have been waiting a long time for a T7 Cali. According to California Chris in a video last week, the estimate is 2024 /2025. I think they’ll wait and see if the Multivan Cali makes a splash or not before they push the button on the T7 Cali.

In my opinion life is too short to wait until the next best thing to sliced bread appears on the market.
Especially with vehicles.

There will always be something better around the corner (or not).
If the current Cali ticks most of the boxes then go for it.

We have and can't wait for our new Ocean to arrive next year.

......And remember you can't miss what you've never had, so who cares about all the gizmos that may or may not be in the new T7!

Having already sold our T6 3 months ago and after much much deliberation and YouTube video watching, we've decided not to wait for T7 to come onto market. Think it will be too 'gimmicky' for us. After listing pros/cons we've found a lovely T6.1 two tone and picking up next week.
Be interested in your view of the T6.1 after owning a T6

I expect the first year of the multivan camper will be riddled with problems. Adding a safety margin to the release date of the new van you would have had a long wait. I believe you made the right decision to go with the current model.

I expect the first year of the multivan camper will be riddled with problems. Adding a safety margin to the release date of the new van you would have had a long wait. I believe you made the right decision to go with the current model.
At least the new California should have a waterproof Bellows and bug free Control Panel as the Real World testing continues on the T6.1 ;)

i bet it will have more issues
And maybe not. The base vehicle is already available. The bellows and Control Panel have been field tested on the T6.1 and the rest of the habitation equipment has been a relatively trouble free transition since the T5. We will have to wait and see.

This has always confused me. Why do people sell Californias and then buy another one?

I'm sure not everyone is the same. Is it because the resale value is so tempting or is it because people don't like owning 5 year old vehicles that are out of warranty?

bug free Control Panel as the Real World testing continues on the T6.1 ;)
Its a new design and they are rarely bug free. And then wait for someone to lose the 'ipad' and you have other issues to contend with.

This has always confused me. Why do people sell Californias and then buy another one?

I'm sure not everyone is the same. Is it because the resale value is so tempting or is it because people don't like owning 5 year old vehicles that are out of warranty?
Just a thought........ some people can simply afford it (not me tho) and if so, why not? :). New things are nice (ok, if they work and don't leak! :D)

Happens regularly, confusingly. I have read one explanation that they regretted selling it, which makes sense, shame they had to go through the pain of selling though. Warranty is nice, but the expense of buying a new California can't be cheaper than a potential warranty claim, surely?

Just a thought........ some people can simply afford it (not me tho) and if so, why not? :). New things are nice (ok, if they work and don't leak! :D)
I can kinda get that. But people give their vans names and stuff. Emotional attachment etc?

Good call. IMO a camper should be as straightforward and free of tech gimmicks as possible. Most importantly, you once again have a fantastic van you can use. You can't go out and have fun in a brochure.

If I had to place a bet, at this point I'd put money on there never being a T7 California

I think it will depend how well the Multivan Concept Cali sells.
We have bought our 6.1 in October. Also looked briefly at the 7 in Düsseldorf. It has less storage but what was even more important (living in the Netherlands) that for road tax purposes, it is not considered a Campervan because is does not match the minimum living space to be considered a Campervan. Just a few centimeters too small. In stead op paying 70 euros per month in road tax it will probably be 280 per month ( normal car, considering weight and extra for Diesel) . That is something

We have bought our 6.1 in October. Also looked briefly at the 7 in Düsseldorf. It has less storage but what was even more important (living in the Netherlands) that for road tax purposes, it is not considered a Campervan because is does not match the minimum living space to be considered a Campervan. Just a few centimeters too small. In stead op paying 70 euros per month in road tax it will probably be 280 per month ( normal car, considering weight and extra for Diesel) . That is something
Wowzers that much in tax? I pay 270 per year for my car in Bavaria.

Problem with the T7 Multivan is going to be the chassis. It's based on the Golf platform which will not allow the towing capacity and load capacity of a real commercial grade vehicle.

As for the T7 Transporter, well if they put Ford engines/transmissions in them... They are going to have a huge amount of problems. Ford can't build a engine or gearbox to save their lives.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Wowzers that much in tax? I pay 270 per year for my car in Bavaria.

Problem with the T7 Multivan is going to be the chassis. It's based on the Golf platform which will not allow the towing capacity and load capacity of a real commercial grade vehicle.

As for the T7 Transporter, well if they put Ford engines/transmissions in them... They are going to have a huge amount of problems. Ford can't build a engine or gearbox to save their lives.

Looking at the specs of the engine and transmission options it's safe to say at least some will be Ford engines. I can't see VW homologating a bevvy of engines/transmissions for their vehicles on a Ford production line. Ultimately this collaboration is all about cost savings.

Looking at the specs of the engine and transmission options it's safe to say at least some will be Ford engines. I can't see VW homologating a bevvy of engines/transmissions for their vehicles on a Ford production line. Ultimately this collaboration is all about cost savings.
Ford diesels are actually PSA/Stellantis.. Not sure if they are going to be any better than the Ford stuff of the past, as their old engines where junk.

Back