Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dew & chairs/tables

Morsels

Morsels

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
To those who’ve had their vans for several years, how have your VW-supplies chairs and tables stood up to overnight dew? Any rusting, bubbling or other damage? We are just wondering how much care we should take - should we be folding up and putting away every evening, or leaving them out (as most other camper vanners seem to do…).

Chairs will be fine and can be left out.

But try to put the table somewhere dry, otherwise the top will eventually swell / bubble if exposed to water or damp for long periods.

To those who’ve had their vans for several years, how have your VW-supplies chairs and tables stood up to overnight dew? Any rusting, bubbling or other damage? We are just wondering how much care we should take - should we be folding up and putting away every evening, or leaving them out (as most other camper vanners seem to do…).
After 7 yrs as new. We do have an oil cloth table cloth and fold chairs and leave leaning against table overnight just so the seating area is dry in the morning.

After 7 yrs as new. We do have an oil cloth table cloth and fold chairs and leave leaning against table overnight just so the seating area is dry in the morning.
Thanks!

Chairs will be fine and can be left out.

But try to put the table somewhere dry, otherwise the top will eventually swell / bubble if exposed to water or damp for long periods.
Thank you.

Saw the owner of a nice two tone 21 plate Ocean leave their chairs and tables out in the pouring rain all day when they drove off from the campsite for the day. Made me wince to see it.

Personally we never leave ours outside during the day or night - we will however leave them in our driveway awning.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

When camping in Germany with our German Cali owners they always left there table and chairs out to mark their site. They had little plates riveted onto their chairs with their registration number on them.

We were quite surprised about security but they say they have been doing it for years no problem.

I don’t think I would take the risk. I had my electric hook up cable taken whilst it was attached to the van at an expensive camp site in North Devon whilst I was showering! Admittedly the camp site owner was horrified as well and gave me an old cable but I don’t think £500 worth of chairs would have been so well received!

Our previous van tabke got a bit ripply on top from leaving it out overnight in the damp (not rain), so with our present van I always take the table in at night. The chairs are less susceptible to damp.

Last edited:
I've had mine for 13 years now. The chairs and table have been left out overnight so many times, and are showing no signs of rotting or rusting. I do wipe them over in the mornings, but that's all.

My table top also went a bit "ripply" after getting wet overnight once. It went flat again, but I don't recommend leaving out.

Back