Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Disable ESP on T6 without ESP bottom.

Would you switch off your ABS? No, of course you wouldn’t.

If you’re spinning the wheels then you’ve lost traction. Same as braking. When you’ve locked up you’ve lost retardation.

VW engineers have taken the assumption you’ve been wise enough to fit the correct tyres and, by adding ESP have exceeded the limits of your talent.

They don’t consider wildly spinning wheels and twirling the wheel a safe and effective method of making progress.

That’s like saying pull over and press the rear most interior light switch five times to switch on the rear fog light to prevent inadvertently blinding the car behind me....

Moan over.

I have an uncle now in his 90s that fitted his own fog lights to his Hillman Hunter GLS. He got fined for having his rear fog light on when it wasn't foggy on the M4
The policeman who nicked him nearly wet himself laughing when he found out that switch for the light was in the boot under two weeks worth of holiday luggage, hence it not being turned off.

My uncle gets reminded about this by his wife regularly some 40 years later.

I think the T6 4Motion has the switch.

You could try this. - see last post.

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?7111-VW-T6-4motion-esc-disable/page2

Yep T6 4Motion does

807702632e1995f5682f74ca008ec613.jpg

Mike

Hi,
In order to disconnect the ESP on those Californias that are not 4 motion, you need to follow few steps.
1.- Switch the contact of your vehicle on.
2. Start the emergency lights.
3. Press the throttle 5 consecutive times.
You will hear a sound, the ESP is disable now.
Check out this video.
Cheers,
Apparently this method ONLY disables EPS, on the 2 WD model, for use on a Rolling Road. As soon as you turn the steering wheel it re-engages.

Apparently this method ONLY disables EPS, on the 2 WD model, for use on a Rolling Road. As soon as you turn the steering wheel it re-engages.

Correct as I found out this morning when I tried this on my driveway. As soon as I drove off it reactivated.

So I still am worried about this issue.

If any one with a fwd T6 goes up a slushy snowy hill there is no way to turn off esp and if you don’t get grip or traction the esp will kick in and kill power. Therefore you will get stuck. Half way up a hill. Try reversing back down a busy road in the snow with the boot full of stuff and tell me it was a good idea to save €5 for a button.

If any one with a fwd T6 goes up a slushy snowy hill there is no way to turn off esp and if you don’t get grip or traction the esp will kick in and kill power. Therefore you will get stuck. Half way up a hill. Try reversing back down a busy road in the snow with the boot full of stuff and tell me it was a good idea to save €5 for a button.

Ive driven up quite a few snowy hills this winter. The TCS light flashes away but the van keeps accelerating fine. This is with 4 season tyres on.

Yes, ALL T6 with 4wd have the switch, NO T6 without 4wd have the switch.

Has anyone tried driving in this mode, seen quoted elsewhere it stops as soon as the hazards are switched off so may only be useful whilst you extricate yourself from a sticky spot?

Disabling EPS does work. I used to live in one of four houses that shared a large courtyard. One morning it was an ice rink made up of frozen, [previously] slushy snow. When I tried to get out, I couldn’t but had read about disabling ESP In one of those ‘how to drive in the snow’ articles you see on BBC news website when the weather turns. Switched it off in my little Golf and managed to get out straight away.

My girlfriend called me later to ask how I’d done it, as our neighbour (nice guy, but always knew better than everyone else) had tried his £90k Mercedes and given up. Appparently knocked on our door to ask how on earth I’d managed it. He had the button of course, just didn’t realise when to use it.

Shame the trick above disables when you move the steering wheel.

I tried that on my 4motion Beach but it seems fuse 17 under the hood only disables Start/Stop and ACC.
Where did you find this information? Both those showing as error, so looking for the fuse .... many thanks

Back