Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Discover media navigation problem

Speleo62

Speleo62

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Can any help with what could be user error. Have been trying to input postcode into sat nav but will only allow city and street not post code. There is no location button. Looked in manual which says there should be one. Any ideas. Any one else having this problem. Could be a PICNIC error. = person in chair not in computer!

Select New dest, click on City and you should then see Ptcd bottom left of screen. Select Ptcd and enter your postcode.

Last edited:
:)Thank you. Definite picnic error. Much appreciated. Didn't see that on bottom left. Duh!

My dealer showed me this otherwise I'd not have seen it. It also didn't recognise my home postcode without the space between the two halves YOX XYY

(the space is the biggest key at the bottom like this |__| )

My dealer showed me this otherwise I'd not have seen it. It also didn't recognise my home postcode without the space between the two halves YOX XYY

(the space is the biggest key at the bottom like this |__| )

Arrrgggghhhhh!!! So that's why I'm only able to input as far as (for eg) AA16 on a post code such as AA164BB, so I need to put a space in.

How silly, my Seat Leon with basically the same system just lets you enter as one long string then sorted the rest!!

Will try out on my way to the office today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:)Thank you. Definite picnic error. Much appreciated. Didn't see that on bottom left. Duh!
It's not User Error, it is the "Geeks" that produce the software. They just believe that everyone and their donkey knows exactly what they're thinking. You shouldn't have to learn how to use a new piece of kit or have training on new software it should be intuitive. Maybe training etc: to make behind the front end adjustments but not to use it. Pet Rant Over.:headbang:headbang

V's seat has that same satnav in, the post code entry is frustrating. Pretty poor UI, as much as my RNS315 is old it is easy to enter a postcode at least.

Hi,

I've not yet managed to input a full UK postcode into my Discover Media sat nav. My home postcode, for example, I get so far and then it just stops allowing postcode input (greys out all keys) and gives me my home town and expects me to enter a street name and house number or intersection etc..

Has anyone else managed to input a full 7 digit UK postcode ... ?

Hi,

I've not yet managed to input a full UK postcode into my Discover Media sat nav. My home postcode, for example, I get so far and then it just stops allowing postcode input (greys out all keys) and gives me my home town and expects me to enter a street name and house number or intersection etc..

Has anyone else managed to input a full 7 digit UK postcode ... ?
7 Digit or 8 with the space?
Does it grey out after you entered 4 characters? Is the "Space" character also greyed out?

7 Digit or 8 with the space?
Does it grey out after you entered 4 characters? Is the "Space" character also greyed out?

7 digits, not including the space character

I enter four. It enters the space and fifth (sixth with the space) character for me and then greys out. All keys are greyed out including the space key.

7 digits, not including the space character

I enter four. It enters the space and fifth (sixth with the space) character for me and then greys out. All keys are greyed out including the space key.
I had similar issues with mine this weekend. I went back one screen then restarted from touching "city" and was able to enter the postcode on the second attempt.

Never having had Sat Nav before (I've used Garmin GPS with grid references before for hillwalking) I am growing to love my Discover Media navigation system - including its quirks. This afternoon we pulled into a pub carpark because Ben needed a pee, the DMNS sent us back the way we had come, and in a big loop because it thought we had turned around! Fantastic...

I had similar issues with mine this weekend. I went back one screen then restarted from touching "city" and was able to enter the postcode on the second attempt.

And on your second attempt you could enter the full 7-digit post code?

Do you still have this problem? We picked up our new Cali last Friday and have found the sat nab very frustrating. Haven't been able to put in a full UK post code yet. Gets to Xx1 1 (for example) and then won't allow the last letters.

Back