Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Do the windows in the pop top unzip open ?

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Have seen pics on the web of open panels - is this a feature on the Cali / Beach ?. Thanks

Yep, there are zipped flaps which open up so you can spy on the neighbours!

There is a fly mesh type material behind so you don't fall out:

uploadfromtaptalk1444979492272.jpg

The fly screen panels are fixed however, which was a surprise to me, as on most after market roofs, such as Reimo, you can also unzip the mesh. It's a shame as sometimes it's nice to get an uninterrupted breeze/view up there, and it makes removing trapped flies much easier.

Looking at the new brochure on line it appears that they have missed out the front window on the roof of the beach that is on the se and one ocean. Don't understand why they do it! ( Window/mesh).

The front window has always been missing on the Beach. I suppose it a way that VW use to make models a bit different. Would have liked it as an option though.

My 2009 California does not have a front window but the "tent" was replaced just before I bought it so I assume the dealer fitted the cheaper one!
Tom

I think the front window wasn't standard on the SE until sometime in 2010 on the facelift models.

Front window in the roof was always an option before , don't know on the T6 ?

Interesting, perhaps I shouldn't jump to conclusions about the dealer!

The fly screen panels are fixed however, which was a surprise to me, as on most after market roofs, such as Reimo, you can also unzip the mesh. It's a shame as sometimes it's nice to get an uninterrupted breeze/view up there, and it makes removing trapped flies much easier.
Thanks for the replies and pic - i would like the option to open the windows completely - i have seen this on other conversions - like the thought of peering out or sleeping a bit more open. Does anyone know of a company that could cut a zip into the front panel and make a full opening window ?. I am assuming my Beach will not have a front window.

Thanks for the replies and pic - i would like the option to open the windows completely - i have seen this on other conversions - like the thought of peering out or sleeping a bit more open. Does anyone know of a company that could cut a zip into the front panel and make a full opening window ?. I am assuming my Beach will not have a front window.
I was just trying to research an aftermarket bellows window for the front of my Beach. Did you get anywhere with this, @CALI FATE ?

I was just trying to research an aftermarket bellows window for the front of my Beach. Did you get anywhere with this, @CALI FATE ?
6 year old post???
I think you would need to order and fit a complete new bellows.

6 year old post???
I think you would need to order and fit a complete new bellows.
I don’t understand your point, @AlisonF.

I’m aware that the post is six years old.

Do you know if it is possible?

If you fitted a T6.1 beach / coast bellows you could have one with the panoramic front - that is the whole front unzips with out a fly mesh. I'm only guessing but think thats about £800

My apologies. There are so many posts where people have not checked the date of the original thread.

If you fitted a T6.1 beach / coast bellows you could have one with the panoramic front - that is the whole front unzips with out a fly mesh. I'm only guessing but think thats about £800
haha - i started this before my Beach arrived - now 5 years plus old. In the meantime VW have introduced the panoramic room - i would love this option and would have ticked the box if it were available. I have researched aftermarket options but even with skilfully operated hand sewing machines i havnt found anyone clever enough to install a zip in situ - correct me if im wrong but isnt the panoramic option only available on new Oceans

My apologies. There are so many posts where people have not checked the date of the original thread.
No problem. I don’t usually receive messages with so many question marks, except when I’m in trouble with Mrs Wease...

haha - i started this before my Beach arrived - now 5 years plus old. In the meantime VW have introduced the panoramic room - i would love this option and would have ticked the box if it were available. I have researched aftermarket options but even with skilfully operated hand sewing machines i havnt found anyone clever enough to install a zip in situ - correct me if im wrong but isnt the panoramic option only available on new Oceans
Never mind. I was just feeling a bit jealous of all the photographs from the NC500 and thought maybe the kids would appreciate the view. Also I wanted to see them both eaten down to the bone by midges!

I have researched aftermarket options but even with skilfully operated hand sewing machines i havnt found anyone clever enough to install a zip in situ
I have also pondered, surely it must be possible with a battery powered
hand held sewing thing.
Its a fly net that won't let the fly free.
Although a zip on each side would create problems when
lowering the roof.

You could always just cut out the fly net, as its been pointed out it works both ways, both to keep flys in and out. You would still have the zip up flap to shut the hole.