Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fitting fly screen

Monica

Monica

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi
Today I got a replacement flyscreen as it was missing when we bought our second hand beach from the dealer.
Now .... I have no idea how to fit it. I see there is 4 holes but I can't see any hooks or anywhere to fit it to.
Apologies in advance if this is something obvious and I'm just being thick.
Does anyone have a picture of a fitted one.
Regards
Monica

They slot into the window runners they dont hook on

As follow :
Sitting in the Cali
Window closed , take flyscreen frontside (stated on the screen)pointing in front
Place it in front of the non sliding window and bend it in the rails .
Open the sliding part just a bit by pulling the opening handle and sliding it a bit open
Now slide the screen in between the gap in the open window while you slide the window towarts the other side .
Done
Reverse for closing the window , i leave the screen in place on the side of the non sliding part.
Hope this make sense....
If i had three hands i filmed it .....

They slot into the window runners they dont hook on

Thanks!
So the "lips" that stick out fit vertically?
And when window is closed where does the flyscreen go? On the runners on the fixed side?

Thanks!
And when window is closed where does the flyscreen go? On the runners on the fixed side?
You can only fit it with the slider open and you cannot close window with it in place. It has to be removed.

Thanks!

It stays in place on the fix side of the window.
Mine is there now the last four years....

You can only fit it with the slider open and you cannot close window with it in place. It has to be removed.

Do you take it out always...? I just leave slide it to the left , close window , screen stays hanging in there .
Must say while driving my blinds are shut as it probally could fall out .

Ok , got no three hands , but a selfiestick and a iPhone....:D

Do you take it out always...? I just leave slide it to the left , close window , screen stays hanging in there .
Must say while driving my blinds are shut as it probally could fall out .
Only fitted it once. On site, with sliding door open cannot see the point. At night I use the Brandrup Front Window Vents which have a built in screen. So when locked up you still have some ventilation, a bit more than just the roof vents.

Amazing
Thanks for going the extra mile to help a newbie.
Will watch video tomorrow as I have baby in my arms at the moment ..... Don't want to wake him up!

There's not much sound on it , just some background sounds , it is my first ever movie on sjuubsjtuub....

Hi
Today I got a replacement flyscreen as it was missing when we bought our second hand beach from the dealer.
Now .... I have no idea how to fit it. I see there is 4 holes but I can't see any hooks or anywhere to fit it to.
Apologies in advance if this is something obvious and I'm just being thick.
Does anyone have a picture of a fitted one.
Regards
Monica
Hi Monica,

Can I ask how much the fly screen was? I need to get one for my beach at some point.

I use this:
http://www.vanessa-mobilcamping.de/...ies-ventilation-grille-driversside-t5-t6.html

Keeps out the rain pretty well. Only once after a night of heavy rain and hard wind on the wrong side of the van some water leaked in by the not perfectly closed upper seal of the screen.

It is pretty robust. On a campsite I leave it in place when I leave the van during the day so fresh air can enter. I also leave it in place when driving at moderate speed on smaller roads. Just remove it when driving at high speed on motorways.

It is a bit bulkier than the VW grid. I store it on the rear bedshelf under the matress.

£83.89 +VAT
Very expensive for what it is

Items like these are musthaves imo. and should come with a new Cali , option or standard either way a very useful item.
It takes one sec to open window an sliding the screen as shown in the video , for me a no brainer . When i stop and crawl to the back one of the first handlings i do.

Items like these are musthaves imo. and should come with a new Cali , option or standard either way a very useful item.
It takes one sec to open window an sliding the screen as shown in the video , for me a no brainer . When i stop and crawl to the back one of the first handlings i do.

Luckily in our case the dealer is paying for it as we insisted it was a standard item and it was missing :).

Luckily in our case the dealer is paying for it as we insisted it was a standard item and it was missing :).
Lucky you!

They are not standard on the beach so good job on getting one out of the dealer!

Oops! I thought they were .... Looks like the dealer was more clueless than me then .... Waiting for the cheque so not counting my chickens just yet :)

Is the screen standard on an Ocean in the UK?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was keen on them until I saw the price for them. £100 each? Thats scandalous imho.

Back