Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dogs and Heat

Toothlessjon

Toothlessjon

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Watch out for hot tarmac and other surfaces when walking your dog, it can burn their paws and lead to overheating. I despair when I see people walking their dogs on pavements in full sun.
Yes that is a problem, probably more so if your in hot countries. But the UK can be bad.

AlisonF

AlisonF

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Same here we would never leave our dogs alone in any vehicle
I have done, to go to the shower block / toilet. With roof up, window vents open, windows open, but dogs inside with door locked shut for security...

C

Craig Morrison

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
We have a Golden Retriever and she finds it warm in van so bought one of these usb chiller fan. This isn’t the one we have as I couldn’t find the link but they are all very similar. We think they are great and also very quiet

Toothlessjon

Toothlessjon

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We have a Golden Retriever and she finds it warm in van so bought one of these usb chiller fan. This isn’t the one we have as I couldn’t find the link but they are all very similar. We think they are great and also very quiet

Yes my son has one of those for his French Bulldog.

Grumpy Mike

Grumpy Mike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
First trip to Spain with Pippa... I make sure air con on for 10 mins before I leave her in the van. We go to supermarket early on a morning and have the air con on... To be fair she has done amazing and just loved the drive over... She slept upstairs right in the tight bit and loved it... They adapt...

Finlay

Finlay

VIP Member
Vehicle
Please Select

Do you think this might be useful for women of a “certain age”?

A

Alistair Hardy

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I could not find a specific thread regarding this question, so apologies if I’ve missed it.

Id like to know how you deal with the heat that builds up within the Calis in Relation to your dog. I have a labrador and I dread the thought of him getting stressed by the heat? Do you keep your dog outside say in Cage or Awning? Trouble is Awnings also get mad hot. Do you use the Aluminet reflective blankets? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also we would like to head abroad next year and again I wonder how he would cope generally in hot climates?
Yes sorry I was just about to reply and noticed it's Dogs and Heat NOT Dogs on Heat