Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Internal Cooling Options

jonesey

jonesey

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all,

In warm climates or the rare balmy uk day, how do you all keep your vans cool in the evenings and overnight when parked? I'm concerned it will be too hot for my little one at the moment.

I know of the reflective coverings for windows, are there any other tricks or equipment I could use? Low power portable fans or aircons?

Apologies if this has been covered before, I couldn't find any threads after a few searches.

Cheers
Chris

I have an air safe but have never used it......

In my 15 months away I only felt overpowered by the heat while in Italy and headed up to the Alps for relief.......that was July 11 and after a couple of weeks I headed down due to a snowstorm and feeling cold......!

Leave the windows slightly open and sleep up top......you will likely feel the need to get up early and make a cuppa......as soon as the sun rises........

Here at Vila Real De Santo Antonio ( Portugal ) 30c today and needed a siesta......

I use this metal hook, very happy with it. You have to close the tailgate slowly but it is easy enough to use. Having the roof up greatly improves circulation too.