Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dogs and Heat

We have a Golden Retriever and she finds it warm in van so bought one of these usb chiller fan. This isn’t the one we have as I couldn’t find the link but they are all very similar. We think they are great and also very quiet

Yes my son has one of those for his French Bulldog.

First trip to Spain with Pippa... I make sure air con on for 10 mins before I leave her in the van. We go to supermarket early on a morning and have the air con on... To be fair she has done amazing and just loved the drive over... She slept upstairs right in the tight bit and loved it... They adapt...

We have a Golden Retriever and she finds it warm in van so bought one of these usb chiller fan. This isn’t the one we have as I couldn’t find the link but they are all very similar. We think they are great and also very quiet

Do you think this might be useful for women of a “certain age”?

I could not find a specific thread regarding this question, so apologies if I’ve missed it.

Id like to know how you deal with the heat that builds up within the Calis in Relation to your dog. I have a labrador and I dread the thought of him getting stressed by the heat? Do you keep your dog outside say in Cage or Awning? Trouble is Awnings also get mad hot. Do you use the Aluminet reflective blankets? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also we would like to head abroad next year and again I wonder how he would cope generally in hot climates?
Yes sorry I was just about to reply and noticed it's Dogs and Heat NOT Dogs on Heat

BA5B3589-F0C9-481E-9879-250F7922626A.jpeg

We have two metal window vents which we’d seen mentioned in a similar thread, searched for and eventually found on a European website. A 12v double fan and a Brandrup Airsafe that cracks the boot for ventilation. Recommend the metal vents whether or not you have a furry friend onboard. Locked in place with metal fly screens behind. Works a treat for all ventilation including cooking and weather proof.

View attachment 64980

We have two metal window vents which we’d seen mentioned in a similar thread, searched for and eventually found on a European website. A 12v double fan and a Brandrup Airsafe that cracks the boot for ventilation. Recommend the metal vents whether or not you have a furry friend onboard. Locked in place with metal fly screens behind. Works a treat for all ventilation including cooking and weather proof.
Yes they are a great idea.thanks.

View attachment 64980

Where did you find the metal vents?

I could not find a specific thread regarding this question, so apologies if I’ve missed it.

Id like to know how you deal with the heat that builds up within the Calis in Relation to your dog. I have a labrador and I dread the thought of him getting stressed by the heat? Do you keep your dog outside say in Cage or Awning? Trouble is Awnings also get mad hot. Do you use the Aluminet reflective blankets? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also we would like to head abroad next year and again I wonder how he would cope generally in hot climates?
I didn’t see this mentioned here but Alunet is great for reducing heat radiation while on the camping. They say they can reduce heat by up-to 80%. It also folds quite compact and is very light.

Where did you find the metal vents?

I’ve just searched online and both Vanessa camping and Reimo look to be selling them currently, though there may well be others

There also looks to be a half width version which might take up less space on board and still do the job.

I bought our Hülsberg ventilation grill at the German site Camper-himmel.de. They sell grills for the left and right side sliding windows.

In 2010 I paid 61,50 euro. Beware that the German VAT is temporarily down to 16 %, not sure if they correct this for foreign deliveries.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.