Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Doh! lost something behind the dash

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I put my debit card on the dash and when I braked it slide down the front of the dash between the windscreen. It has properly gone down can't even see it :headbang

Can anyone tell me if there is any way of accessing this area? maybe behind the radio? it fell in the middle of dash.

If not I'll just forget it and order a new one

The dash tray does lift out :thumb if you can't find it don't forget to cancelled it :thumb

I lost a pen down the front of the dash recently, like you I could not see it as all, but it had not gone down the back, I used a thin folded map with the fold end pushed in the gap and a piece of plastic and managed to fish it out, realise the thin C card may be more of a challenge but worth a try.

At least it shouldn't rattle and drive you mad I would just cancel and ask for a replacement

This happened to me once but I did manage to get it out using a similar method to sbmcd, I don't think it can drop too far as there seems to be a stop; 2 - 3" maybe.

Don't even own that van anymore, never did get it out.. but worst then that my wife lost her wedding ring down the air vent at the bottom of the dash near the windscreen, took me hours to fish it out with a paper clip and iPhone in video mode

Didn't realise this thread was over 12 months old!

Same here. My wife lost her wedding ring behind the dashboard and it was stuck there for a few weeks while on holiday. Frustratingly, I could see it shining in the reflection on the windscreen. The local VW garage said it would cost hundreds to remove the dashboard to retrieve the ring. A rethink was in order and the solution was to tape a fishing hook to a plastic cable tie. I managed to pull the ring out within a minute leaving the neighbours bemused with my cries of joy.

Here is a solution. I used a bit of flat bent metal wrapped in insulation tape (to prevent scratching anything) and covered the end that was going fishing with strong double sided carpet tape. Moved it from side to side in the gap between the dash and windscreen until the item was located and then got a hold of it with the sticky tape. Carefully lift and have a pair or pliers handy to grab it. Worked for me.

We used wire coathanger wrapped with chewing gum to retrieve the night parking ticket on aires in france. Desperation to not spend another €3.

Back