Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dometiv cfx28 issue

whistlingdogg

whistlingdogg

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi, we are just coming to the end of 3 lovely weeks touring around France and I noticed my fridge behaving oddly. It is plugged into the outlet above the uk plug in my beach. When we are hooked up everything is fine but when we are not, the fridge starts to warm up. The power is on and if I flick the emergency override thing at the back it will cool down until I switch it back again. All other electrics in the van seem fine. Is this a problem with the fridge, the leisure battery, the fuses or something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it looks absolutely normal except that the temperature slowly rises (as shown on the display). If I connect the hookup it starts to regulate to the desired temp and if I don’t have the hookup and flick the o stride if just turns the compressor on and the temp goes down until I switch it back.

I have one, sure I read somewhere it has a low battery level cut off which can be altered ?

No, it looks absolutely normal except that the temperature slowly rises (as shown on the display). If I connect the hookup it starts to regulate to the desired temp and if I don’t have the hookup and flick the o stride if just turns the compressor on and the temp goes down until I switch it back.

Some reading.

Common problem.

The CFX28 cuts out when it detects a low voltage and will cut in when the voltage recovers.

Go to the settings menu and scroll to “lo” (other options are “HI” and “nd”). This may improve the issue with a detected voltage cutout at 10.2 volts.

I have found the only failsafe solution is to hardwire the fridge to the battery with good quality connectors and cable. This significantly reduces voltage drop between battery and fridge.