Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drawer below bench seat/bed

L

logyk

VIP Member
Is it possible to remove this drawer and replace it without too much difficulty or possibility of damage?

I want to line the drawer and feel it would be much easier if I could remove it.

Any wisdom on this issue gratefully received.

Just pull it out and remove the two screws in the front internal corners, then just pull forward and up to remove off the sliders.

Ok ....I will give that a try.......thanks for the response.

holy thread resurrection, batman! that's nearly 10 years old!

however - in my Cali, 2 obvious screws and the drawer can be simply lifted out. I don't think much has changed unless anyone can state otherwise. I have some picture of me in the space under the seat somewhere...

Is this the resurrection record, or have others done better?

Is this the resurrection record, or have others done better?
Reckon the challenge would be to not only resurrect a thread but to get a response from the original poster!

In case it is of interest there are some pics here:

the top picture shows the drawer and how to remove it
the second picture is taken from inside the drawer hole under the seat - the grey polystyrene back of the toolbox is visible in the background and this comes out

if you watch the end of the video lower down in the thread you can see the daylight when the toolbox has been removed

Is it possible to remove this drawer and replace it without too much difficulty or possibility of damage?

I want to line the drawer and feel it would be much easier if I could remove it.

Any wisdom on this issue gratefully received.
was this possible?

Back