Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driver being cooked by heater

I have a T6 Beach with 3 zone Air-con and no Parking Heater and do not have the B pillar vent. Mine does have a low level vent in the C pillar.
My heads hurting now! Which is the C pillar?

A= Pillar holding Windscreen
B= Pillar between Driver and Sliding Door
C= Pillar Rear of Sliding Door
D= Pillar at Rear for Tailgate.

• Thanks
Reactions: DM
IMG_7599.JPG

The next pillar along, the vent is In front of the rear bench and below the cup holder.

Last edited:
Interesting I shall be out playing in mine tomorrow and will post result. T6 Ocean.

Mike

We had this problem with our climatronic in the 2010 California and it went into Vw about 10 times until they finally replaced a lot of sensors. I specifically looked for a newer California without climatronic as its to complicated and can cost a lot of money to repair

We had this problem with our climatronic in the 2010 California and it went into Vw about 10 times until they finally replaced a lot of sensors. I specifically looked for a newer California without climatronic as its to complicated and can cost a lot of money to repair
You had hot air coming from the "B" pillar vents when driving?

Sorry not directly from the b pillar, mostly from the dash area

Sorry not directly from the b pillar, mostly from the dash area
:thanks. Yes there are a lot of temperature sensors etc: involved with the Climatronic. Mind you if you look at the parts and wiring etc: for the Manual system then there isn't that much difference between the 2 systems behind the Dashboard.

Just driven Poole to Vannes and can confirm that B pillar vent supplies warm air from climatronic and not only Eberspacher . I didn't know this .

Interesting I shall be out playing in mine tomorrow and will post result. T6 Ocean.

Mike
On a T6 Ocean. Well mine anyway, the heating for the back blows out of the vent in the C pillar, not the B pillar which is for the parking heater only.

Mike

Just driven Poole to Vannes and can confirm that B pillar vent supplies warm air from climatronic and not only Eberspacher . I didn't know this .
Well it certainly doesn't on my 2014 T5 SE.

I've also had the trim off on the "B" pillar. There is NO Air Duct to anything apart from the Eberspacher Parking Heater. So I'm not sure what's going on with your vehicle.

As others i am also supprised by this statement .
But it is very simple , go out and test it ....have you ?
Can't belive this tread is going on for days and no one with a T6 (and climatronic in te
he rear ) has put up the effort to go and test this propperly .
I have not got climatronic and if i put on the rear heating/cold air it only blows from the C-pilar.
The B-pilar (at least on my 2012 T5) only blows air from the aux-heater .
And i never heard any other story's until now .
How long has the T6 been out ?

Well it certainly doesn't on my 2014 T5 SE.

I've also had the trim off on the "B" pillar. There is NO Air Duct to anything apart from the Eberspacher Parking Heater. So I'm not sure what's going on with your vehicle.
+ Trebor . If you put the blower on in the back and put your hand down by the Eberspacher Parking Heater vent you will feel a draft of air. It's not from that vent it's from the C Pillar vent hidden under the bench seat and blowing in the directions of the B Pillar. That is what I believe is going on.

Mike

Hot air was definitely coming out of B Pillar .

Hot air was definitely coming out of B Pillar .
I'm sorry, but if you are correct then there is something seriously wrong with your vehicle.

Do you know b from your c pillar :D

Would be a bit tricky to put my hand over C pillar vent whist driving ! Easy to put hand totally over B pillar vent . No question a lot of hot air emminating . A bit like this thread .

More Hot Air .......Have just tried to replicate the hot air situation from B pillar but can't . Was doing 130 down autoroute at time though when it first happened . I'm certain Eberspacher was off and definitely felt like a lot of hot air coming out of B pillar vent with hand directly over but I guess it's possible it was coming from C pillar . Turned rear temp down and it stopped . Hot and sunny in Vannes now . Just had lunch outside so guess we need to focus on air con now !

Having started this thread I think I now need to put it to bed. With 2 dogs and a passenger I wasn't able to experiment further until my return to North Wales, but today has been different.

By turning the rear climatronic up to high and driving a few miles I was able to replicate the problem. Whilst driving along and putting a hand by the B pillar vent it appears to be the source of the heat. However, if you check from behind the driver's seat it is clear that the true source is the C pillar vent blowing hot air forward. After a few miles driving like this it isn't long before the whole b pillar area and indeed the driver's door become very warm and radiate a lot of heat. Reducing the rear setting soon solves the problem.

Apologies if this saga has led to much confusion and many thanks to everyone for their input, with a special mention in despatches to Kevthegas for his prompt at post #17 to check the rear heater setting.

I'll treat that as what caused my hot first run also and not investigate further.:thanks

Use the sync button and all your problems will go away.
Thought the sync button was only for left-right temp..

Did notice that I didn't have the Rear heating on at the time.

I'll replicate the settings and try different front control settings to ascertain if any changes occur.. may be sometime next week though.

Back