Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driving position not centered

Richard Hurst

Richard Hurst

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi

picked up my Cali Ocean at the weekend after ordering back in Feb this year. Quick question as I don’t normally use the built in Nav system. It seems when I’m driving it does not keep my position centered on the map, if I press the icon which looks like a magnifying glass and map and puts me to the right of the screen about a third in. It track the map fine but I thought it should be centered like on my tomtom or Google maps and not to the right??

Hi

picked up my Cali Ocean at the weekend after ordering back in Feb this year. Quick question as I don’t normally use the built in Nav system. It seems when I’m driving it does not keep my position centered on the map, if I press the icon which looks like a magnifying glass and map and puts me to the right of the screen about a third in. It track the map fine but I thought it should be centered like on my tomtom or Google maps and not to the right??
Hi Richard ,
your profile shows a T6 is that correct ?
there are multiple orientations you can choose, which can affect the position and direction.
try going through the settings to find what suits you’re perspective.

Hi Richard ,
your profile shows a T6 is that correct ?
there are multiple orientations you can choose, which can affect the position and direction.
try going through the settings to find what suits you’re perspective.
Hi, need to change that. I’m now a proud new owner of a T6.1

yes played with all the various settings but it does not center the position of the car in the centre of the map. If you manually scroll the map to centre you then when your car leaves the screen it doesn’t come back until you please the icon with the magnifying glass and map and then instead of centering you it places you about 3cm from the edge

It's a software issue.
I had the same when I picked up my coast in July. VW Liverpool are aware of the problem and how to fix it.
Call your local vw center and if they haven't heard about it ask them to call Liverpool for how to fix it.
It took them 3 days to sort mine out, however I was the 1st and now it's a simple fix.

It's a software issue.
I had the same when I picked up my coast in July. VW Liverpool are aware of the problem and how to fix it.
Call your local vw center and if they haven't heard about it ask them to call Liverpool for how to fix it.
It took them 3 days to sort mine out, however I was the 1st and now it's a simple fix.
Surely my software should be up to date though. Van was only built two weeks ago and registered last week

Surely my software should be up to date though. Van was only built two weeks ago and registered last week
It's up to date but the centering is out.
They used to be able to correct it through the sd card but the new 6.1s don't have a sd card so they have to plug it in to correct it.

Great. I’ll give Liverpool a call and see if they can tell my local Van centre. Thank you

It's a software issue.
Hi, I have exactly the same problem on a new Passat R-Line. My dealer doesn't know what to do. Can you tell me the name of the dealership in Liverpool so I can contact them please?

Hi, I have exactly the same problem on a new Passat R-Line. My dealer doesn't know what to do. Can you tell me the name of the dealership in Liverpool so I can contact them please?
It was Liverpool vw van centre which is part of the Swansway Group. Might be different in the passat. The 6.1 doesn't have a sim card and that caused the initial "not knowing " how to fix it.

It was Liverpool vw van centre which is part of the Swansway Group. Might be different in the passat. The 6.1 doesn't have a sim card and that caused the initial "not knowing " how to fix it.
Thanks Trudi. I think I have the same head unit as mine doesn't have a sim card either.

went to my local van centre and despite me telling them to ring Liverpool for the answer they are still none the wiser. I don't suppose you know what the fix was or any information on it so I can try and pass that on

went to my local van centre and despite me telling them to ring Liverpool for the answer they are still none the wiser. I don't suppose you know what the fix was or any information on it so I can try and pass that on
They download a software from Germany vw then plugged my van in and uploaded it. The new vans don't have a card slot for updating software so had to be done that way. I was the 1st to have this issue evidently so mine took a couple of days to sort it. Now they know its just a couple of hours.
Good luck