Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dropped Van off for Roof Corrosion work

D

DMAS

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
So I dropped my van off today for it to be sent away for the roof recall work. I must admit - I'm missing it terribly and worried sick. Feel like I've just dropped one of my kids off at the airport on a return flight to North Korea.

Which bodyshop is doing the repair?
Don't forget to update us once complete

It's gone to Claridges, Southport. From what I can gather they seem really good. Fingers crossed !!!

It's gone to Claridges, Southport. From what I can gather they seem really good. Fingers crossed !!!
Yes, our Gertie (2012 Cali) went there. Been done two years now and absolutely no complaints. Unlike the first time it was repaired by a dealership which no longer does it...... and it was absolutely clear why!

I think I may have been something of a nuisance about it but also our local van dealer was very proactive.

I think I may have been something of a nuisance about it but also our local van dealer was very proactive.
Hi. I took Millie in to the Cleckheaton VW Van centre on Monday and I am sure that they said she was going to Scotland for the work. The good thing is that I have a Kombi which I can use to collect furniture, take the last of the leaves to the tip and leave at the airport when we go skiing.

Well ours is going back to Claridges for the fourth time tomorrow. Not much confidence it will be sorted.

Whilst having an MOT in April 2019, we were told by SMG Tonbridge that our van needed roof corrosion repair. At the time, they said that it would probably be carried out over the 2019 winter period. As I hadn't heard anything, and it is now approaching Spring 2020, I called to chase them up. I was hoping for exact dates and reference numbers etc. After several phone calls, we've just been given a date of April 2021-two and a half years on from finding the problem! I'm not best pleased. Somehow, I reckon, they failed to get us into the system and have just realised their error. We've had no calls from them explaining any reason for delay. I know there are waiting lists for this issue, but this seems a bit much. We've agreed the date because there seemed little else we can do. Any ideas would be appreciated.
The lack of progress in this matter won't stop us using the van, but it's very annoying . We had hoped for better from VW and/or their dealership.

Whilst having an MOT in April 2019, we were told by SMG Tonbridge that our van needed roof corrosion repair. At the time, they said that it would probably be carried out over the 2019 winter period. As I hadn't heard anything, and it is now approaching Spring 2020, I called to chase them up. I was hoping for exact dates and reference numbers etc. After several phone calls, we've just been given a date of April 2021-two and a half years on from finding the problem! I'm not best pleased. Somehow, I reckon, they failed to get us into the system and have just realised their error. We've had no calls from them explaining any reason for delay. I know there are waiting lists for this issue, but this seems a bit much. We've agreed the date because there seemed little else we can do. Any ideas would be appreciated.
The lack of progress in this matter won't stop us using the van, but it's very annoying . We had hoped for better from VW and/or their dealership.

The fact you now have a booking will hopefully provide them with an opportunity to give you a cancellation. My appt was for 12 months in the future(ish), but I got in early due to a cancellation.

Back