Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dutch campers

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I know the Dutch love to camp but what on earth is going on in France this year, I have never seen so many Dutch people/cars, they are everywhere we go! They even take full size fridge freezers on holiday with them, I assume Holland is totally empty at the moment.

Lol .... Better the Dutch than the nightmare Italians on mass ...lol

Hi Martin,

No, having just come back from Holland I can tell you that it was busy there too. I think the Dutch are just really keen travellers and get away at every opportunity ( with all their kit!).

It's in their blood, very adventurous, whether in campers or boats. 90 % of them can speak English and have never met a Dutch person that was not amenable...

The Dutch are very nice .i did work in shipyards there in the past and they do like the brit's which helps ...:)

Hey, I am not a Dutch hater .... Yes, very nice people, just alot of them this year, even the French were moaning about how many were on the campsite, I even helped one put down their tent this morning.

Lol ... The French moan about everything ..it's probably because the Dutch are nice and they don't like that ...lol

Argo&Liebe said:
choplee said:
Lol .... Better the Dutch than the nightmare Italians on mass ...lol

thanks mate....

:smile

It's personal experience as I worked for a Swiss/Italian for many years and spent sometime there ...when all the freinds got together it was like a war for us crew members ... Lol
They never seemed to relax ... I know all Italians aren't like that ,as every country has its good & bad ...:)

Just found the Dutch very laid back as I also worked in holland in shipyards on and off for a good few years and camped with the Dutch as well :)

Don't worry choplee...because I do agree with you about italians :lol:
When you hear people talking too loud :crazy you can bet they are from my country...that's one of the reasons why I like to spend my holidays elsewhere, particulary in UK. :hello

Argo&Liebe said:
Don't worry choplee...because I do agree with you about italians :lol:
When you hear people talking too loud :crazy you can bet they are from my country...that's one of the reasons why I like to spend my holidays elsewhere, particulary in UK. :hello

:) .... I do like the Italian charm and ways more than some other European countries ,but when on holiday even on a quiet Maldivian island they can be heard all over the island ....lol
:)

We woke up in an aire near the Lower Gorges of Verdon to find a brand-new Cali with a Dutch reg had parked next to ours in the night. Nice people, but we were amazed to see mum and dad sleeping downstairs and 4 kids upstairs!

We're naturists and this summer all the naturist campsites we visited were packed with Dutch. But if you had weather like Holland wouldn't you go as far south as possible?

Yeah, the Dutch are great.
Doing long term camping in Spain with all the other retireds they would bring large (and I mean big) plastic containers full of gin, junebre I think they call it. Visit their pitch and you got a full glass , up to the top and no tonic.

Earlier, we were on a site in Luxembourg with a trailer tent at the time of the Falklands war. No radio and certainly no tv when a Dutch guy made the effort to came and tell me that Stanley had fallen. Could have kissed him but didn't of course. What a good bloke he knew that we would want to know.

Back