Earthquake...

H

Hotel California

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Are you guys OK on the other side of the channel....?

BGS– ‏@BritGeoSurvey
upload_2015-5-22_7-39-0.gif
Here's seismicity map for this morning's 4.2 earthquake, 5km south of Ramsgate, Kent & approx 100km east of London

20:34 - 21 mei 2015
123RETWEETS33FAVORIETEN

Last edited:
It's been a long time since the earth moved for me :shocked

Having moved to NZ I realise how good/robust the infrastructure is in UK. We had 150mm of rain in 24 hours last Thursday and Wellington, (capital of NZ for those living in Somerset), was completely cut off by road and rail for a day due to land slips and flooding. Major earthquake scenarios have Wellington cut off for weeks........

Earthquakes are daily occurrence and some great apps available to help you decide what made the earth move for you (if it did). https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nz.org.geonet.quake&hl=en

Too easy for us to talk about trivial earthquakes and forget how devastating recent ones have been in Nepal. Not getting to work is very minor in comparison.

Andy

Last edited:
Apparently no damage or harm to property or people.

However I do know Wellington, both the Somerset one and the NZ one. windy place that is (the NZ one), and I do know Milford sound and just how wet that can be,

Apparently no damage or harm to property or people.

However I do know Wellington, both the Somerset one and the NZ one. windy place that is (the NZ one), and I do know Milford sound and just how wet that can be,
Good for you - My wife thought there was a Waitrose in Wellington (NZ) before I gave her a geography lesson:(.

Back