Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric heater

A

Anonymous

Guest User
Just getting geared up for our first outing in our new Cali. I am thinking of buying an electric low wattage heater, as its cold up North. Any suggestions as to which one to get ?

We use a small fan heater that we used to use in our greenhouse - 1KW I think. Used it very successfully in Scotland last May. Can't help with what brand it is cos it has no markings on it but can confirm that this sort of solution works well - though I can see the attraction of the radiator approach too

We brought a small elec fan from lidl's. Kicks out loads of heater and has some safety features. B&q do a very compact and extremely light weight one for under £15.

I take it people do this to save using diesel in the van heater when electric hook up is available?

We have a small fan heater, available from a number of retailers under different brand names.
It has a mximum output of 2kw, although we use it on the 1kw setting. What we like about it is you can use it horizontally or vertically. In the vertical position it sits nicely in between the two front seats and really warms the van up.
Considering what little electric we would use on hook-up compared to the gin palace caravans, it certainly is used instead of the diesel heater.

Hubert

@CannellWalker Yes that's certainly why I do it. And a quieter and (probably) also a greener way of heating

Back