Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

electric hook up

Wivstar

Wivstar

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi all, i got my t5 cali 2009 summer last year. Going to use my electric hook up next week for the first time, i hope it works. Anything i should do, or just plug it in? Anyway of testing at home before i go? Thanks Phil

Hi all, i got my t5 cali 2009 summer last year. Going to use my electric hook up next week for the first time, i hope it works. Anything i should do, or just plug it in? Anyway of testing at home before i go? Thanks Phil
You can get a 3 pin adaptor plug that goes on the cable end that normally plugs into campsite feed.

Will then allow you to test by plugging into a normal 3 pin house socket before you go, less £10 on Amazon.

66668CDF-4D2A-4472-B665-C02F4071758A.png

Thankyou, I have the same, buts it`s got a 3 pin plug in. I presume this is the same. I`ll try it in the morning. Thanks again

Just figured out that wont work. So have ordered off amazon, arriving tomorrow. Cheers again

Seeing how you mention that you have owned it for a while, but have never plugged it in, have you checked the condition of the batteries? Most people (but not all) think it's a good idea to hook the van up at least once a month to keep the leisure batteries healthy.

Seeing how you mention that you have owned it for a while, but have never plugged it in, have you checked the condition of the batteries? Most people (but not all) think it's a good idea to hook the van up at least once a month to keep the leisure batteries healthy.
It did say it in the handbook to plug in once a month on our old t5, can't say I've looked in it for the 6.1 :happy

Or fit a couple of solar panels on the roof, then no need to worry.

Reactions: Sad
Most people including VW engineers... ;);)

But not the vw engineer that wrote the T6.1 manual unlike earlier versions.
The OP has a 2009 Cali, definitely not 6.1, and Thomas HJ, who I replied to, has a T5.
Don't you need to charge once a month on the 6.1 ? are the LBs different from a T6 ?

I’d just seen Sads response mentioning T6.1 I hadn’t read further up the chain.

I think you are expected to use the “boost” button occasionally on the T6.1 - If you have a beach tour that’s your only option, no hook up provided.

I’d just seen Sads response mentioning T6.1 I hadn’t read further up the chain.

I think you are expected to use the “boost” button occasionally on the T6.1 - If you have a beach tour that’s your only option, no hook up provided.
Hey Andy, I just haven't read the 6.1 manual :sorry I still plug ours in every month :thumb

Hi, sorry for the delay, i have just seen your message, i`m now charging at home thanks to your advise on how to do so from home. Do you have to remove any of front seat to get to battery, it has a rubber cover over it, plus i presume this is how to get to the fuses under seat, Sinks not working and can`t find a fuse layout.

The fuses under the front seat are easy enough to get to. Just move the seat backwards and you will see them. By 'the sinks not working' I assume you mean the tap? If so, there's many thread on the forum that explain what the problem could be and how to fix it. Could be the pump, or themicroswitch in the tap. etc.

If you move the front seat forward you can get to the battery. Assuming you own a SE (Ocean) there's a second battery in the back of the van behind the hatch. You can measure them with a multimeter, but you can also start with reading the battery voltage on the control panel a few hours after you have done a full 24h charge on EHU.

The fuses under the front seat are easy enough to get to. Just move the seat backwards and you will see them. By 'the sinks not working' I assume you mean the tap? If so, there's many thread on the forum that explain what the problem could be and how to fix it. Could be the pump, or themicroswitch in the tap. etc.

If you move the front seat forward you can get to the battery. Assuming you own a SE (Ocean) there's a second battery in the back of the van behind the hatch. You can measure them with a multimeter, but you can also start with reading the battery voltage on the control panel a few hours after you have done a full 24h charge on EHU.
I got to the fuses, they are tight to the righthand side, i can just about get the top ones, but can only just see, let alone got to the bottom 3. The tap clicks when i turn on, just wanted to check fuses before the water pump itself.fuses.jpg

Log book just says Transporter Caliornis SE 174. Not Beach or Ocean

Log book just says Transporter Caliornis SE 174. Not Beach or Ocean
The SE is the forerunner to the Ocean, same camping layout .
Try turning the front seat through 90o so the seat back is next to the door and then slide towards kitchen. Gives more room to get to the fuses.