Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electrical side door problems.......

It hits the arch mainly at the top and towards the rear . Had motor and track replaced last year still hits it.

That’s where my scratches are planning to visit VW garage in Friday to get fixed then for them to paint arch only 7 months old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always had the issue. Worse when on any sort of incline. The bounce back is caused by the door thinking it’s hit someone so the safety over ride kicks in. Annoying but as it’s not damaged the van Iam leaving well alone. As I find when something gets fixed it causes other problems. So I just live with it

We endured two years of grief with electric door on SusiBus T5. I won't go into all the details but we did learn a few things along this painful journey.

1. Not to order one for SusiBus T6.

2. More important to owners currently suffering the dreaded door hokey Cokey.

THERE A FIX ! A VW FIX THAT WORKS!
You don't need replacement rollers, or runners, or handles,
It's a SOFTWARE FIX that VW know about, but for a reason known only to themselves, they seem to have failed to distribute the information amongst thier workshops.
I have previously posted the code number for the software update but I'm sorry I haven't be able to track it down, it was posted probably late 2013/14.

I got the information from a fellow Cali owner at the first Brean meeting, who suggested the I contacted the service manager at Cordwallis VW Van Centre Heathrow, so perhaps a phone call to them might furnish you with the details. I don't know how they will take it if he's suddenly in inundated with a load of people requesting information, but I feel VW have failed badly not distributing this information amongst their dealers.

3. In the meantime stop the door damaging the wheel arch put a little bit of sticky backed foam just on the inside of the door where it catches a wheel arch.