Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Exporting T5 to Australia....anyone done it?

G’day Sandy, can you confirm the Facebook page addresss please. I am an expat currently living in the uk and have bought a Cali SE with intent to take it back to Australia with us when we return. It is good to see several others doing the same so hopefully we will be be able to get some good tips beforehand.
Ken
Hi Ken, we arrive in UK in April and have been travelling non stop since (6,000 km) in our new Cali, loving it....are you still in UK? If so maybe we can catchup,
we are north of Leeds and heading south.
Still not decided to ship the Cali home, maybe sell it here to some lucky person and go home empty handed! Will decide in September.
Anyhow send me a note via email sandymcp@bigpond.net.au if you want to meet up.
Cheers

Resurrecting an old thread. Assume everything is going to change given VW has confirmed they will sell the California here this year.
Very exciting, is this a fact or VW just stirring to pot?
We are in UK touring in our new Cali and hope to visit VW in Germany, so will ask the question ?? Is our Cali build OK for Australian config.?
Cheers

Thanks Emz. Couldn’t open the link you provided but I think I found the some article elsewhere. No mention of California specifically, although it did imply a full range of accessories and options for those who may want to ‘convert’ to a pop top at point of sale. Also no pictures of a Cali - just a multivan in retro colours. So not really sure what the intent is. It would be good if they do start selling Calis in Aus as I most likely will be taking mine back with with me later this year - having a Cali dealership in the country may make things a little more convienent in the inevitable circumstances of something breaking or going awry

Thanks Emz. Couldn’t open the link you provided but I think I found the some article elsewhere. No mention of California specifically, although it did imply a full range of accessories and options for those who may want to ‘convert’ to a pop top at point of sale. Also no pictures of a Cali - just a multivan in retro colours. So not really sure what the intent is. It would be good if they do start selling Calis in Aus as I most likely will be taking mine back with with me later this year - having a Cali dealership in the country may make things a little more convienent in the inevitable circumstances of something breaking or going awry
Hi Ken, have you done any enquiringly regards shipping costs?

Hi Ken, have you done any enquiringly regards shipping costs?
Hi Sandy, yes, but now I can’t find the emails with the POCs and details. From memory, the cost were between 10000 and 15000, depending on company. One was roll on roll off which was cheaper, the other containerised the vehicle. Indicative costs as well and had assumed duty costs at the upper end of likely scale.

Hi Sandy, yes, but now I can’t find the emails with the POCs and details. From memory, the cost were between 10000 and 15000, depending on company. One was roll on roll off which was cheaper, the other containerised the vehicle. Indicative costs as well and had assumed duty costs at the upper end of likely scale.
Thanks Ken, I’ve been in touch with a company called Iron Lady the hey I talked to as very helpful and advised me to contact him again in October. I still have an issue regarding staying in UK for 12 months before we can import it. We are at Wimbledon and heading off to who knows where on Tuesday

Back