Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory Fit Mudflaps

JuanVecino2023

JuanVecino2023

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I've read a few posts about fitting aftermarket mudflaps and some mods to make them fit.

Has anyone had experience of both factory fit and aftermarket?

Some aftermarket screw straight into the arch liners, no need for drilling.

Advantage, much cheaper than factory option.

Factory also look a bit odd to me, the way they protrude from the bumper (pic from configurator attached).

Finalising order, so keen to resolve today!

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 11.38.19.png

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 11.38.53.png

Never had mudflaps, never felt I needed them, and they all look really un-cool.
The place where the Cali does need them is IN FRONT of the front wheels, like the rally Minis in the nineteen-sixties, to reduce spatter on the windscreen. But they would look seriously un-cool too And no one sells them.

I specced them myself, I do agree that they don't look the coolest but if they stop some of the mud splattering up the side which can scratch or discolour the paintwork it's worth the outlay.

I have factory fitted and think they’re great! Not uncool at all, but on a dark coloured van they look good. On ascot grey I’m not so sure.

Our Cali has mud flaps. I don't know if they are factory fitted (they look like they are) because I'm not the first owner, but I find them very useful.

I collected my California last Friday from the dealer, an ex demo Ocean. It’s only yesterday, three days later… that I noticed on the spec list for my vehicle that it had factory fitted mud flaps. I had to go outside to check.

They are discreet, I’ll give them that…

Never had mudflaps, never felt I needed them, and they all look really un-cool.
The place where the Cali does need them is IN FRONT of the front wheels, like the rally Minis in the nineteen-sixties, to reduce spatter on the windscreen. But they would look seriously un-cool too And no one sells them.
Also prevents stones that are picked up on the wheels from flicking up and damaging the bodywork, hence they are mounted behind the front wheels.

I've read a few posts about fitting aftermarket mudflaps and some mods to make them fit.

Has anyone had experience of both factory fit and aftermarket?

Some aftermarket screw straight into the arch liners, no need for drilling.

Advantage, much cheaper than factory option.

Factory also look a bit odd to me, the way they protrude from the bumper (pic from configurator attached).

Finalising order, so keen to resolve today!
Fit your own. See my post.

I collected my California last Friday from the dealer, an ex demo Ocean. It’s only yesterday, three days later… that I noticed on the spec list for my vehicle that it had factory fitted mud flaps. I had to go outside to check.

But they work.:thumb

I find the dirtiest part of the Cali is always the tailgate. I think having mudflaps would work well to reduce the amount of crud that gets kicked up and deposited on the rear due to turbulence. Wish I had speced them.

Genuine VW ones are attached to the bumper at the rear requiring under panel removal to get access when fitting. Best to have Factory fit.

Aftermarket ones fit to arch so simpler fit.

VW are very high quality and don't deteriorate over time (7 years nearly on mine)

Do a good job in keeping dirt off the paintwork as they are positioned back from the wheels to catch it.

Thanks for confirming

Genuine VW ones are attached to the bumper at the rear requiring under panel removal to get access when fitting. Best to have Factory fit.

Aftermarket ones fit to arch so simpler fit.

VW are very high quality and don't deteriorate over time (7 years nearly on mine)

Do a good job in keeping dirt off the paintwork as they are positioned back from the wheels to catch it.
Super helpful thanks.

I have a VW T6.1 Ocean and fitted the Veedub mudflaps (shorty Version), which look really smart in my view. The rears fit no problem, but the fronts needed a bit of dremel work on the mudflap themselves.

Front: https://www.veedubtransporters.co.uk/shop/vw-t6-t6-1-dub-style-front-mudflaps-pair/
Rear: https://www.veedubtransporters.co.uk/shop/vw-t6-t6-1-rear-mudflaps-pair/

Here's a link to a post that I made on the T6 Forum: https://www.t6forum.com/threads/mud-flaps-recommendations.1698/post-524446

Back