Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory Order Lead Times

I do realise that, which is why I've only rang once (about 5 weeks after ordering); I'd be happy to keep radio silence if it wasn't for the anecdotal evidence that comms from dealerships are somewhat sporadic.

This would all be easily solved if VW would simply provide an online tracker for their commercial vehicles. The data is there, they just need to make it accessible for the purchaser - I really don't understand why they don't.
There is or was an online tracker facility on MyVW and I found it very useful for my last Cali as once you entered the Commission code you could follow the status updates. But I think this was removed in the UK during the Covid delays. Cannot get it to work for my current order. As you say it would be very easy to reinstate this functionality but I guess it must have generated too many online chat requests for VW to cope with.

Ordered my Ocean through EuroVans Crawley via DtD 21st March. No build date as yet. Was quoted six months but they did say they’re coming through quicker than that atm. Hoping for July/August really.
Have you had any updates from EuroVans as yet? We were just behind you and haven't heard anything yet (supposedly at status 10 last time I checked)

Have you had any updates from EuroVans as yet? We were just behind you and haven't heard anything yet (supposedly at status 10 last time I checked)
I’ve not heard anything. Was going to chase up at the end of the month. Let me know if you hear anything.

We ordered from Breeze on 12th April. I rang the, on Monday to check if it’s still on track and yes, it’s starting build this week so still on track for mid July delivery. Guess it depends on spec ordered, but I’d give your dealer a ring - it only takes them 2 mins to check.

Ours ordered 9th March through Breeze due for delivery to dealer within next 2 weeks or so. I wonder if they share out the build slots between dealers as Eurovans probably take up a lot of slots as they order so many.

Ours ordered 9th March through Breeze due for delivery to dealer within next 2 weeks or so. I wonder if they share out the build slots between dealers as Eurovans probably take up a lot of slots as they order so many.
Well I did sort of insinuate this question earlier in the thread and Tom at Breeze implied it's literally first come, first served.

Out of interest, when did you get your status 20 confirmed?

I do also wonder if when DTD announced their increased discounts if there was a surge in orders which has just pushed back dates a bit.

We ordered our 204-4Motion back in November 2022. A little while ago we were told it was showing build week 51 on VW's system. Yesterday I asked the dealer if there was any update, he said it was held up due to a year model change !
It appears that 2WD Californias are coming through quickly. Has anybody else got a 4Motion on order? I would like to hear their situation.

A bit frustrating this. Similar to RockinNRollin, I was given the distinct impression EuroVans didn’t want to get any update requests from me and would let me know when it moved to Status 20. I’ve heard nothing since. To be honest, I wouldn’t be bothered if it wasn’t for people ordering through Breeze at a similar time and seemingly getting quicker progress.

For info, mines a standard Ocean in Ascot grey, other than an 80th fuel tank and shower attachment. Nothing major to hold things up.

A bit frustrating this. Similar to RockinNRollin, I was given the distinct impression EuroVans didn’t want to get any update requests from me and would let me know when it moved to Status 20. I’ve heard nothing since. To be honest, I wouldn’t be bothered if it wasn’t for people ordering through Breeze at a similar time and seemingly getting quicker progress.

For info, mines a standard Ocean in Ascot grey, other than an 80th fuel tank and shower attachment. Nothing major to hold things up.
My thoughts exactly

Sorry didn’t mean to frustrate anyone by saying this.

I know of one ordered through Eurovans in late April that’s already at 20, you’re the customer so I say ask them whatever you want to ask them.

I know of one ordered through Eurovans in late April that’s already at 20, you’re the customer so I say ask them whatever you want to ask them.
Do you know if that person was told when it got to 20, or if they had to enquire?

We ordered from Breeze on 12th April. I rang the, on Monday to check if it’s still on track and yes, it’s starting build this week so still on track for mid July delivery. Guess it depends on spec ordered, but I’d give your dealer a ring - it only takes them 2 mins to check.
Are you opting for the 12 months free VW insurance? If so, it would be interesting to know how you get on with the tracker requirements and how this gets sorted as there was talk elsewhere on the forums about having to get the tracker fitted prior to collection, but the practicalities of this actually happening!

Are you opting for the 12 months free VW insurance? If so, it would be interesting to know how you get on with the tracker requirements and how this gets sorted as there was talk elsewhere on the forums about having to get the tracker fitted prior to collection, but the practicalities of this actually happening!
I don’t think we are, just taking the free servicing. Cost of getting a tracker fitted was more than a years premium with LV anyway.

Had a tracker before on my Golf R and with every little electrical issue, local VW dealer (not Breeze) fought me - always trying to blame the fitting of the tracker as the cause. Um, rear wiper motor failure (water ingress) due to leaking rear screen?? Central locking fault on one rear door?? Both apparently caused by the tracker lol!! Don’t want that sort of hassle again, especially on a vehicle with such complicated electrics.

Is a tracker a requirement for the VW insurance? We may not bother taking that out either then. LV gave us a great price too for insurance.

Is a tracker a requirement for the VW insurance? We may not bother taking that out either then. LV gave us a great price too for insurance.
Yes it is, a Thatcham S5 rated or higher. I only found out when I called to enquire what the “additional security requirements” were. Needs to be fitted before insurance cover starts too. I guess the supplying dealer could fit one, but I never enquired on cost from them.

Eurovans estimated £600 plus a subscription when I asked. Thought that sounded dear.

I don’t think we are, just taking the free servicing. Cost of getting a tracker fitted was more than a years premium with LV anyway.

Had a tracker before on my Golf R and with every little electrical issue, local VW dealer (not Breeze) fought me - always trying to blame the fitting of the tracker as the cause. Um, rear wiper motor failure (water ingress) due to leaking rear screen?? Central locking fault on one rear door?? Both apparently caused by the tracker lol!! Don’t want that sort of hassle again, especially on a vehicle with such complicated electrics.
I have a tracker and a ghost fitted. nearly 6 months and no problemo's

We ordered our 204-4Motion back in November 2022. A little while ago we were told it was showing build week 51 on VW's system. Yesterday I asked the dealer if there was any update, he said it was held up due to a year model change !
It appears that 2WD Californias are coming through quickly. Has anybody else got a 4Motion on order? I would like to hear their situation.
I'm going to hazard a guess as this will be the very last diesel 4M ever produced....

Last edited:
Maybe the delay is because We've spec's it with a diff lock.
I think it’s more to do with the 4Motion drivetrain. Supply chain issues seem to be causing the issue which I understand is the reason behind 4Motions not being available to order anymore.