Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fancy number plates - a yes or no?

I was of the opinion that personal plates were a bit naff.....until I bought my Cali. My Cali is just for pleasure, no work, no commuting, no dump runs.... so a personal plate seemed right. My wife called him "Red" on the first day so the plate followed....

20220308_092906.jpg

I like your thinking - I like a private plate on a campervan or motor home. I particularly like the fact that it could have been a coincidence and as you read the plate you go 'oh yeah, that makes sense'. That was my reaction anyway.

Mine's TH15 CAL.... Selling B17 VWC if anyone's interested?
On such a personal vehicle a personal plate naturally!
Mine is TH15 EVA is my campervan the other Eva in my life was my mum.

Spotted this today on my travels.
Anyone on here…?

IMG_0408.jpeg

Each to their own.
1697730441547.png

I am not a fan of private plates, however, Mrs Rex is....VW 09EAN off this very forum.....to be honest looks good.

Fancy plates? Sure, why not - they're fun. Not a fan though of plates where spacing has been contrived or a strategically space screw is used to get something fancy. I thought there were rules about number/letter spacing.

All this talk reminds me of my old dad’s words back in 1969 when I wanted to borrow £50 to buy a ‘two letter, two number’ reg plate. “ And why would you want to publicise that you own that car ?”
Mmm, his philosophy I later understood but I also ruminate now on how much I could have sold it for in these days ….. lol

Fancy plates? Sure, why not - they're fun. Not a fan though of plates where spacing has been contrived or a strategically space screw is used to get something fancy. I thought there were rules about number/letter spacing.
Agree - we have a "fancy" plate, but it really just means something if you know how old I am and the name of our Cali! The VW at the front is so cheap everyone should do that anyway ;)

The rules are quite specific on spacing etc. On the way back from Cornwall last year we saw two Cali's pulled over by the fuzz due to their plates and the spacing. Seen many more (Audis, BMW, usual) with much worse and never pulled over.

I went from a white T5 Caravelle to a white T6.1 Beach the only thing the neighbour noticed was the new personalised number plate.

20230930_073708.jpg

SW is our surname initials. 61 for a T6.1 and hopefully DUB doesn't need explaining. I nearly got BUS instead of DUB, but the boss said our new Cali is too posh to be just a bus!

Just wanted to join in on the growing list of Cali's with Personalised Plates. I took delivery of a new T61 earlier this month. Reg. AT61 VAN. Unfortunately, to the uninitiated, it just looks like a twelve year old camper! Which is only very slightly better than my previous 2020 Cali. Reg. JT 09MAY (initials & birthday). Again, most people just thought it was a 14 year old camper! - Why do we bother?

I have a personal plate, not van relate, as can swap between vehicles, just easier to remember when required and don’t need to update Dartford Crossing details when I change vehicles.

I have never seen the point of spending good money on personalised number plates, that was until we collected our current van. Its reg number was ****EDL. Within two days it had been pointed out to me several times that those initials stand for English Defence League, an extreme far right Islamaphobic organisation. So it had to go. Now we have a NP that begins T60 followed by my initials.

Back