Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Faulty Regulator

Niborn

Niborn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hiya all ...
Seems my regulator has packed up .Just as I’m off on a jaunt ... bad luck . tried all the obvious things , new gas bottle, etc . I’m a trained scuba rescue diver I know sometimes regulators stick , so I gave this one a knock , helped a bit but not for long Appears I’m not the first person with this problem. The van is still under guarantee it would be ideal to find a dealer with one I’m in Spain right now , about 100miles north of Valencia ( lovely weather ) .
my questions are....
1) does anyone have any experience of getting a jammed regulator to work again?- this would be the easiest solution.
2) does anyone know any dealers in the Valencia or further afield area
3) I read a forum thread about using a standard same pressure regulator, seems like a good idea as I could get one in a decathelon or camping shop - does anyone have any views about this ?

I do carry the small one stove burner unit ro cook things like fish outside , so I can still cook , although a pork chop and two veg takes a long time !

any comments appreciated

thanks

Hi Niborn if your warranty is still valid it will cover you throughout Europe. If your have your paperwork with you give theVW BREAKDOWN service a ring, they can direct you to the nearest dealer and hopefully sort out a replacement regulator.

I think this is the current number when abroad 00 800 13303989.

You should find a regulator in any decent campingshop , there must be some in Spain.
Don't think the gas-regulator is coverd by warrenty imo.
How old is your T6 , there should be a date marked on the regulator up-until it suppose to be safe to use also .

Hiya all ...
Seems my regulator has packed up .Just as I’m off on a jaunt ... bad luck . tried all the obvious things , new gas bottle, etc . I’m a trained scuba rescue diver I know sometimes regulators stick , so I gave this one a knock , helped a bit but not for long Appears I’m not the first person with this problem. The van is still under guarantee it would be ideal to find a dealer with one I’m in Spain right now , about 100miles north of Valencia ( lovely weather ) .
my questions are....
1) does anyone have any experience of getting a jammed regulator to work again?- this would be the easiest solution.
2) does anyone know any dealers in the Valencia or further afield area
3) I read a forum thread about using a standard same pressure regulator, seems like a good idea as I could get one in a decathelon or camping shop - does anyone have any views about this ?

I do carry the small one stove burner unit ro cook things like fish outside , so I can still cook , although a pork chop and two veg takes a long time !

any comments appreciated

thanks
I use a Calor regulator, for Campingaz 907/904/901 cylinders that has an integrated tap with the regulator. It has a spigot fitting for the gas tube so you just cut off the screw on fitting on the VW tubing to fit it + a jubilee clip.

You should find a regulator in any decent campingshop , there must be some in Spain.
Don't think the gas-regulator is coverd by warrenty imo.
How old is your T6 , there should be a date marked on the regulator up-until it suppose to be safe to use also .
Hiya Hotel C ,
its 2017 with a five year extension ..yes i think I’ll buy another one anyway ..I carry a spare gas bottle why not a regulator ...

I use a Calor regulator, for Campingaz 907/904/901 cylinders that has an integrated tap with the regulator. It has a spigot fitting for the gas tube so you just cut off the screw on fitting on the VW tubing to fit it + a jubilee clip.
Thanks Welsh Gas .....
in fact what I did last night is try my often proven technique of taking a blunt metal instrument to it and the yellow button . This is we used to do if we had a sticky regulator when diving ( change them of course ASAP ) .
hey ho ... it works again ! ...got me out of a corner and cooked a nice meal last night .
I will still change it .
I also read an interesting old post that if one leaves the gas on to the regulator all the time this problem appears . I suppose it’s possible the internal parts could get stuck with the outlet closed off in the van ? Maybe a tip to turn off if not using , I haven’t done that for a while too.
best wishes
ps Rainy day here in Spain can use the stove for a nice cuppa ...