Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First Service

audio2

audio2

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Just got first service reminder, should I take it to vw transporter dealer or to a California dealer? There are no issues other than rear wipe not working & the light switch in the wardrobe stops switching off the light & has to be bent into place. The commercial dealer is much nearer.

Also is was told by the supplying dealer that I had two free services included, does anyone have any further information about this? Are they totally free & which two services?

You should have been given documented proof/details of the first two services. The dealer that I purchased the Cali and services from had no record of the 2 services, fortunately I had a copy which was put on the computer system. I got the impression that the Services were with VW not specific to a dealer, can't confirm that.
Services didn't include 2 year airconn check/service.
I've used one service at 2 year point (did a one year oil change personally) next planned for 4 year point in time.

For those without free services or a service pack, how much are people paying and are the intervals 10k miles?

You should have been given documented proof/details of the first two services. The dealer that I purchased the Cali and services from had no record of the 2 services, fortunately I had a copy which was put on the computer system. I got the impression that the Services were with VW not specific to a dealer, can't confirm that.
Services didn't include 2 year airconn check/service.
I've used one service at 2 year point (did a one year oil change personally) next planned for 4 year point in time.

I’ve got these 2 free services. Is it worth saving them for the later more expensive services and paying for the cheaper ones?

I’ve got these 2 free services. Is it worth saving them for the later more expensive services and paying for the cheaper ones?
I was under the impression it was the first two services after purchase. That’s how it worked with our VW car.

For those without free services or a service pack, how much are people paying and are the intervals 10k miles?

Transporter T5 & T6 from VW website
£145 +VAT (interim)
£295 +VAT (full)

Last edited:
Not too bad.
Wait until they add on the “ Specials “. Don’t forget some items are time or milage based.

Specials?
Cambelt+ Water Pump, DSG and Haldex Servicing, AirCon ( if you want it done ).

Cambelt change, 80,000 miles ( which few will reach ) or 4 years ( which some get caught out by ).

Cambelt+ Water Pump, DSG and Haldex Servicing, AirCon ( if you want it done ).

Cambelt change, 80,000 miles ( which few will reach ) or 4 years ( which some get caught out by ).

Interesting, thanks for the info.

The first service reminder (OILSERVICE) came after 23 months on my information display at 25.000 km .
I waited till 24 months for the INSPECTION reminder. So the VW dealer did OILSERVICE & INSPECTION
together (2017 150 ps TSI 2.0 petrol engine).

For 5,7 liter longlife oil, oilfilter, dust & pollenfilter and miscellaneous (?) I paid 345 Euro.
If the service booklet is signed by an official VW dealer you have free road assistance in case of breakdown
on holliday.

Next service is programmed in the display: 30.000 km or 12 months wathever happens first.

Back