Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flat battery

K

knighty

Hi all,

Well we've had our Cali for a couple of weeks now - not been able to get out camping in her yet (wife's 8 months pregnant), but looking forward to the first weekend away whenever we get out!

Sure I'm doing something wrong - the '63 splitty I had was a lot more basic than this - but after we'd not driven the Cali for a couple of days, we had a completely flat battery this morning when we went to start her up. As far as I'm aware, nothing was on in the cab etc. although we'd left the Climatronic on 'Auto', but the van wasn't running so can't see that had anything to do with it?!

Managed to get a jump start and run for about 30 mins, and after a couple of hours parked up this afternoon it started first time and the battery shows as full in the control panel.

Very confused, and guessing I must be doing something wrong :headwall , but any thoughts would be appreciated! :thanks

Not sure what's flattened your van battery but the control panel only registers the leisure batteries :thumb

Cheers Calikev, meant to say that it was the leisure that was full, so nothing like interior lights etc. had drained that, but thanks!

I was told that it takes 20 min of driving to put back in what's taken out from starting
I kept moving it about in the drive and flattened the battery :doh

Suggest you plug the electric hookup cable into a mains socket it will charge the van battery as well as the leisure batteries on a face lift cali.

Andy said:
Suggest you plug the electric hookup cable into a mains socket it will charge the van battery as well as the leisure batteries on a face lift cali.

Are you sure ?
I was told the opposite after I flattened the battery by leaving the ignition on all night long with it hooked up to the mains

Ian

Yes it is right Ian it will put a trickle charge into your van battery.leaving the ignition on will take out more than it will put in because your drl's will be on. :thumb