Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Forgot to spec awning

E

Edgar

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello

Due to pick up my Cali Beach this week and upon viewing realised I didn't spec the awning!

BEen quoted £982 fitted by VW which seems pretty expensive. Does this seem right to everyone? Is there a market for second-hand awnings? Can they be easily fitted?

Thanks

Why not buy it from the shop on here and if you are a VIP member you get discount as well they're dead easy to fit did mine in 35 minutes :thumb

I fitted a fiamma f45s to mine, took less than an hour.

£982 does seem expensive, they must be charging at least a couple hours labour for that?

Try using it without the awning first, you can always add it later if you need to.

Alternatively look for a pre owned one on tinternet thingy auction sites

Have you asked the dealer you purchased the van from for a goodwill gesture of some discount?
After all they have recently relieved you of your life’s savings !
Be cheeky you never know unless you ask!

There is one on eBay now silver !

4DE87B2E-B803-46F5-9FD8-25624D28B083.png

Useful to know BUT the brackets supplied won't fit the California because of the different roof fitted compared to the T5/T6 van conversion.
Would probably fit very well if you can source the CV California Brackets.

Same thing happened to me, thought I had ordered the awning but actually realised I hadn’t! Am planning to get the Thule one from the Club shop. Does anyone have any thoughts one the Thule vs. Fiamma? Is there one awning to rule them all? :) Also, as my Cali has the rail already fitting as standard, do I need the extra brackets from the store or is just getting the awning ok? Thanks in advance!

Here is my opinion the fiamma awning is better quality and comes with the brackets to fit your cali without problem the thule one will need you to purchase the fitting kit and drill the case in 2 places to fit,

Back