Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Weekend in France meet

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Pleasantly surprised by the amount of votes for a France meet, who is up for this then so as we can try and arrange something for later in the year?

Yep interested. I am sure we could drag my parents along as well, they're the reason we are broke but have a Cali :) couldn't let them have a better camper than me!

I'm up for that people. Prefer french campsites. hopefully have the california by then to.

We're up for it but with baby due in April it will depend on when you get it sorted and how the baby-thing goes... Later in the summer the better for us I guess!

Cheers
Blakey

Like Andi, if the dates are ok - count me in. What a great idea. Barros

All the people that are interested in this meet, can you please let us know what month(s) are best for you? We can look at getting a date set for this soon?

I'll keep an eye on this thread as I would be interested (dependent on the dates, obviously)

Yes please I pick up my Cali next week so good to go after that!

Folks,
Martin and I are just looking at some options to make this a reality.

There are 5 weekends in September this year.
The first weekend (1st & 2nd) is only the week after August BH and most likely schools going back - so this might be knocked out of most people's calendars already.

A quick straw poll though - when would people prefer this?

W/e 1: 1st & 2nd
W/e 2: 8th & 9th
W/e 3: 15th & 16th
W/e 4: 22nd & 23rd
W/e 5: 29th & 30th

Initial thoughts are to make it as easy as possible to get to from most of the french Channel ports / Eurotunnel and we are speaking to some french enthusiasts to see if there are any good recommendations.

Luke

Yes let me know when in France ASAP and I will book time off/out from the practice.

Isa Neal said:
Yes let me know when in France ASAP and I will book time off/out from the practice.

Do you have any preferences?
I have had some feedback that a school half-term weekend may be preferable for brings kids and getting time off. Nothing is fixed yet, so there is the opportunity to tweak things.
Luke

Hi just let me know date when fixed and I will see if I can get time out.

I am looking at teh weekend of Sat 27th and Sun 28th October as this is either the 1st or 2nd week of school half term (depending on which county you live in).
As well as enable those with kids to bring them, it is also far enough after the summer for leave to be taken again.

Please post to let me know your interst so that I can work out a suitabel location.

Still looking around the Etratat / Fecamp area. May even arrange a run to Monet's garden at Giverny if there is the interest.

Numbers:
1: Luke

Just a update.
I am trading e-mails with a member of the French Cali Club who lives in the Department cvering Dieppe, Rouen, Honfleur etc.
He is doing some research for me looking for options around a lake based site as most of the more coastal ones seem to shut at the end of September.

I'll let you all knwo when I know more.

Luke

Thanks for the update Luke, will any of our continental friends be joining us at the meet?

It is a "maybe" at the mo for other European Cali owners, but they have been invited. :D

Folks,
I have been working with the French Cali Club to get a deecnt site recommended.
As we are looking at the weekend of the 26th & 27th of October, a large number of site will have alraedy closed. There is also the possibiliity that the weather might be changeable, so we need somewhere with facilities available.

We have been offered the use of this Base de Loisirs near to Dieppe, which has sailing, kayaking, archery and cycling & walking.

http://www.varennepleinair.fr/

Please check it out. Costs look minimal at this time, so other than fuel, ferries and food there should be nothing too steep for the site.

If you could let me know if you are interested so I can speak with our colleagues and nail down the spec and therefore what, if any, costs might be involved.

Thanks

Luke

Sounds good to us, btw, Norfolkline charge the same for a Cali as they do a car :)

Hi folks,

With only three of us interested this year, I have spoken with my 'cali-twin' and let him know that we might not have enough to make it a goer this time.

I haven't cancelled, just let them know that we are still in the 'pencilled in' stage rather than the inked in, confirmed stage.

Just to let you know.

Sorry
Luke

We might be interested, we plan to get over (or rather under) the water several times this year as we've signed up the frequent traveller program.

If the France idea doesn't kick off how about another location - Maybe Belgium or something within a reasonable radius of Calais (or the most popular point of entry)??

I think we'll probably be up for this... 2 adults, one baby and a Cali...

Cheers
Blakey

Thanks for the updates folks. I'll keep you in the loop
Luke