Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge lid support

Hubble

Hubble

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi
When I bought my t4 California Event many moons ago the fridge lid support was missing. With the help of the forum I tracked down the part number (701070131A) and ordered one.When I finally got round to fitting it i realised it won't work. This part is exactly the same as the existing one on the other side (Sink/hob lid) but in order to work it would need to be a mirror image of that. The only way that I can see to make the supplied part it fit on the fridge side is to install it so it folds inwards, in which case the lid won't even shut.
I've looked at the partsbase diagrams and the part number is the same for both sides. It doesn't make sense unless I'm missing something. Can someone help/explain?

Hi
When I bought my t4 California Event many moons ago the fridge lid support was missing. With the help of the forum I tracked down the part number (701070131A) and ordered one.When I finally got round to fitting it i realised it won't work. This part is exactly the same as the existing one on the other side (Sink/hob lid) but in order to work it would need to be a mirror image of that. The only way that I can see to make the supplied part it fit on the fridge side is to install it so it folds inwards, in which case the lid won't even shut.
I've looked at the partsbase diagrams and the part number is the same for both sides. It doesn't make sense unless I'm missing something. Can someone help/explain?

I’d offer a photo for guidance but my Westy is away having a bit of pre-season TLC at the moment. I don’t know whether this helps with things but the way the hinges work means the kitchen lid automatically locks open when you lift it and the fridge/cook box requires you to ‘lock’ the support. The idea, I guess is that the fridge lid doesn’t get left open any longer than need be as you have to consciously lock it open. Unlike the hob cover which when lifted you’ll most likely want it to stay open for cooking/washing up purposes without really thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mr Cheesbrough. Food for thought.

Hey @Hubble. Chances are you've figured out how to replace your fridge support by now. If not, hopefully the attached will be useful for you…
hinge.jpg

This short video may be useful too…

Hey @Hubble. Chances are you've figured out how to replace your fridge support by now. If not, hopefully the attached will be useful for you…
View attachment 47401

This short video may be useful too…
Hi. I installed it at the weekend. Turns out I had it upside down! Thanks for getting back to me.
I also changed the kitchen tap and refitted the trim around the pop top so it was a pretty good Saturday.
Thanks again

Hi. I installed it at the weekend. Turns out I had it upside down! Thanks for getting back to me.
I also changed the kitchen tap and refitted the trim around the pop top so it was a pretty good Saturday.
Thanks again

Magic. Sounds like you’ve been busy. Must be nearly time to get out and use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is indeed. Annual leave booked. Eurotunnel about to be booked. Just deciding where to go.

Back