Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge thermostat : lowest setting -> too cold!

DrivesOnArctic

DrivesOnArctic

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi !

Fridge in our GC600 seems to be too cool. On lowest setting most of the stuff on behind freezes in less than one day. Is there a way to tune thermostat?

Hi !

Fridge in our GC600 seems to be too cool. On lowest setting most of the stuff on behind freezes in less than one day. Is there a way to tune thermostat?
A few people have had this issue and had the fridge replaced under warranty. Shouldn’t freeze everything on 1. I would advise you talk to your dealership.

...And story continues. Fridge does not start anymore; only rapidly flashing leds. Oh dear, another case to be opened on dealer`s service center.

The flashing lights mean something. There’s some fault codes somewhere, depending on the flash sequence, will see if I can find it

Clearly no use if fault codes flashing but just tip for anyone with fridge running cold even on lowest setting. Make sure the drip tray under the freezer is pushed all way back. We were getting items freezing and saw this comment on FB tried on 10 day trip to france and ran perfect on level 2.

Case closed ! At first servicecenter replaced thermostat without success. Lastly they changed whole fridge. Now it works and leisurebattery lasts around two days with fridge and truma on.

Well... seems that case is reopened. Having done only one trip after the fridge was replaced - seems that new unit runs whenever it likes - no lights inside nor doesnt react to powerbutton or the others.

Its saturday so I havent called to servicecenter, had to wait to monday.

Similar experiences? New fridge is also dead?

We have the same issue with the fridge, I took it 2 times to the dealership and both times they told me I need to make sure the tray is pushed all way back. That made it better, no more freezing in the fridge, but the fridge is still running to its maximum capacity even in the lowest setting, draining the battery in hours.

I'll take it to the dealership as many times as needed until they replace the fridge.

Back