Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front cup holders and cups

Theaps

Theaps

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
id just like to share this that I came across for the cup holders in the front dash. We struggled to find anything that fit that was useful.
We have decided to use them all the time whilst camping and not bother taking our other cups. Saves space etc. These are ecoffee cups with rubber lids and a rubber holder for hot drinks. They come in really cool colours and fit perfectly. I did look for cup holders but couldn't find any that was suitable. They are made from bamboo and when they get old and worn out you can bury them and they decompose.
Hope this is useful. Just google them if you are interested. I got mine from a local shop.

07CB2B6A-7F8C-4C59-ADCA-52AA8108068B.jpg

Do these fit in the pull out cup holder drawer on the front dash (we have an ocean) - if so would we be able to get two side by side into the drawer. We're struggling to find a small coffee cup that fits and that has a lid to stop the splashes as we drive... the drawer does seem to 'bounce' around a bit. thanks for help.

Do these fit in the pull out cup holder drawer on the front dash (we have an ocean) - if so would we be able to get two side by side into the drawer. We're struggling to find a small coffee cup that fits and that has a lid to stop the splashes as we drive... the drawer does seem to 'bounce' around a bit. thanks for help.
We use Bodum metal cups in the pull out holders, never a drop spilt.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Mine's a 2015 t5 beach if that makes a difference

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Picked up the Bodums today but the Ocean must have a different sized cup holder as they are too wide at the bottom to fit. Look pretty cool though and so probably keep for in the office :thumb

Picked up the Bodums today but the Ocean must have a different sized cup holder as they are too wide at the bottom to fit. Look pretty cool though and so probably keep for in the office :thumb

That's odd. I have an Ocean and that mug and it fits fine.

Bear with me I'm very new to this world. The Ocean is the one with a fitted kitchen and wardrobes isn't it? I'm confused, what about my Avatar info says beach? Anyway, I have got a kitchen and the Bodum cup fits my cup holder.

20170801_101258.jpg

I'm very happy to believe I've misunderstood somewhere.

Bear with me I'm very new to this world. The Ocean is the one with a fitted kitchen and wardrobes isn't it? I'm confused, what about my Avatar info says beach? Anyway, I have got a kitchen and the Bodum cup fits my cup holder.

View attachment 24168
If that is a Picture of your Dashboard then your information is CORRECT.

However, you do not have an OCEAN, you have a SE. The Ocean is the T6 equivalent of the T5 SE, with fitted kitchen but a totally different Dashboard, also totally different engines. That's why those cups fit your Dashboard and Don't fit the T6 Ocean. They have a totally different system of cupholders on Top of the Dashboard.:thumb

However, you do not have an OCEAN, you have a SE. The Ocean is the T6 equivalent of the T5 SE, with fitted kitchen but a totally different Dashboard, also totally different engines. That's why those cups fit your Dashboard and Don't fit the T6 Ocean. They have a totally different system of cupholders on Top of the Dashboard.:thumb

There are no cupholders on top of the dash that's the transporters. The Ocean has a pull out draw underneath the DSG stick and Bodum cups do not fit very well in that space ! I search for a suitable solution ;)

I have a 2016 Ocean, and the pull out drawer cup holder does look a bit different to the photo above. The thermos tall mugs definitely fit my model. If it helps, I could get out on the drive later and take a photo of the one I've got ....

That would be very kind of you.

.. message ends..

Here are some photos of VW thermos mugs that fit the dash cup holders & the strange cup holder for the table rail in the cab.
Mugs are a gift from our local VW Plymouth Snows for returning an item ( owned by garage) left in our van by mistake. Think the Tesco ones look good & probably a lot cheaper.

IMG_0419.JPG IMG_0420.JPG IMG_0418.JPG

Last edited:
There are no cupholders on top of the dash that's the transporters. The Ocean has a pull out draw underneath the DSG stick and Bodum cups do not fit very well in that space ! I search for a suitable solution ;)
Thank you. I stand corrected. I didn't think there was such a big difference between the T6 Beach and T6 Ocean Dash.:mute

Here are some photos of VW thermos mugs that fit the dash cup holders & the strange cup holder for the table rail in the cab.
Mugs are a gift from our local VW Plymouth Snows for returning an item ( owned by garage) left in our van by mistake. Think the Tesco ones look good & probably a lot cheaper.

View attachment 24174 View attachment 24175 View attachment 24173

Those VW mugs look great, just found them here - http://www.vwmotorparts.com/mugs-c-...teel-car-thermo-mug-in-matt-finish-p-839.html - although even better getting them for free!

I do find the pull out drinks holder in the Ocean a really naff afterthought design - whatever you do it rattles around like crazy!

Those VW mugs look great, just found them here - http://www.vwmotorparts.com/mugs-c-...teel-car-thermo-mug-in-matt-finish-p-839.html - although even better getting them for free!

I do find the pull out drinks holder in the Ocean a really naff afterthought design - whatever you do it rattles around like crazy!
I thought those VW ones looked really nice and found them online for £10.50, which was only a few pounds more than I paid for the Thermos ones. I shan't be replacing my Thermoses yet though as I am too tight and have just spent my future pension and my son's inheritance on an expensive holiday. Oops.

I'll get my coat :(