Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front seats wont swivel [ Swivelgate ]

Yes, I was surprised with the VW ones as they only appear to go one way, whilst the retro-fit one I put in our Caravelle can turn either way, which avoided some of the kerfuffle - that said, I didn't put one on the driver's side.

Be careful with seats that swivel both ways that you dont damage the airbag/seatbelt warning/heater wires.
If you do a full 360 you will begorah the wires and then get lights on the dashboard.

Be careful with seats that swivel both ways that you dont damage the airbag/seatbelt warning/heater wires.
If you do a full 360 you will begorah the wires and then get lights on the dashboard.
Good point, though we tended to do it the easiest way - back to the centre - each way.
Hopefully the Caravelle will be gone in a few hours, and a few ££££ sitting in the bank.
Mrs S having her first night in the Beach's pop-top at a dog show tonight. Methinks she'll be trying the heater!

Hi Tom, I just finished successfully fitting two swivel plates to my 2016 beach with comfort seats. Work great although the drivers seat is a bit fiddly to turn and now squeaks a bit. Takes around 1 hr per seat to fit. They do restrict the height adjustment but well worth it. Bought them from Kiravans.
Thanks Graeme, is there any play in the seat?
Would you consider the seat better than a standard version;-)

Hi, our new van is due early 2017ish, we have ordered heat d front seats. Very much hoping they swivel, could anyone advise please.

Yes, I was surprised with the VW ones as they only appear to go one way, whilst the retro-fit one I put in our Caravelle can turn either way, which avoided some of the kerfuffle - that said, I didn't put one on the driver's side.
Agree. I rarely turn the drivers seat but always turn the passengers, but there are only two of us.

It's was the comfort option with height adjustable seats which was the problem , they do not swivel. It was a free option that confused dealers & buyers alone.

Our dealer confirmed by email we had the standard seats in the Ocean ( heating included) & that they did swivel.

Hi, our new van is due early 2017ish, we have ordered heat d front seats. Very much hoping they swivel, could anyone advise please.

on t5 heated seats turn so if you have only order heated seats I would expect they turn I would check with your dealer

Thanks Graeme, is there any play in the seat?
Would you consider the seat better than a standard version;-)
Very little play in the seats although it does limit how low you can put the seats and at the lowest setting they do speak a bit. I was really annoyed when I picked up my beach and found that the seats didn't swivel as I had travelled all the way to Cardiff from Stirling to pick it up. The dealer was hopeless and didn't offer any solution and yet for £300 and two hours work the problem is solved. Perhaps I should email all the dealers and let them know. can't comment on the normal seats.

Very little play in the seats although it does limit how low you can put the seats and at the lowest setting they do speak a bit. I was really annoyed when I picked up my beach and found that the seats didn't swivel as I had travelled all the way to Cardiff from Stirling to pick it up. The dealer was hopeless and didn't offer any solution and yet for £300 and two hours work the problem is solved. Perhaps I should email all the dealers and let them know. can't comment on the normal seats.
Sinclair, Cardiff?

Sinclair, Cardiff?
Yip, nice enough staff but similar to other dealers I talked to they all seem more van sales driven rather than cali. For example, my cali beach had the wrong table as it didn't have the clips for hooking on to the internal rail, the van had been a demonstrator for six months and no one had noticed, they had just assumed it rested on top of the rail and I had to send them a scan of the manual so they could understand what I meant by the clips. I'm over it now, life's to short, if only I'd joined this forum sooner I would have used the "before you buy" checklist

Yip, nice enough staff but similar to other dealers I talked to they all seem more van sales driven rather than cali. For example, my cali beach had the wrong table as it didn't have the clips for hooking on to the internal rail, the van had been a demonstrator for six months and no one had noticed, they had just assumed it rested on top of the rail and I had to send them a scan of the manual so they could understand what I meant by the clips. I'm over it now, life's to short, if only I'd joined this forum sooner I would have used the "before you buy" checklist
My closest Dealership - but not the one I use.:thumb

Thank you, good folk. I hadn't read this thread but had seen this issue mentioned in other threads.

I had OH's agreement to buy a lovely spec vehicle but asked the question of swivel before going pretty much the whole width of the country to pick it up!

Very awkward situation averted...

can anyone recommend the best swivel bases to fit ?

They are my closest dealer too. Who would you recommend please?
South Hereford. See Dealership Reviews. Combined Car and Commercial on 1 site.

Has anyone priced swivel seats or the parts needed to convert the comfort seats ?

Has anyone priced swivel seats or the parts needed to convert the comfort seats ?
My converter charges £160 for the passenger seat & £240 for the driver's.

Kiravans do the swivels if you just want the parts, how to videos on YouTube.

It adds a couple of cms to the seat height.

My converter charges £160 for the passenger seat & £240 for the driver's.

Kiravans do the swivels if you just want the parts, how to videos on YouTube.

It adds a couple of cms to the seat height.
I've bought swivel brackets but don't like the way you need to trim the rear click on panel. Did you have to lower the handbrake ?

I have a double front seat, so just had a swivel on that one. I didn't want to touch the handbrake but people do. We're not handy so left it to a man who can!

has anyone ordered complete swiveling seats from vw ?

has anyone ordered complete swiveling seats from vw ?

I think you should of ordered swivel seats on your original order, the Comfort seats sound a real hassle and not worth the added comfort if you can't swivel them. I also suspect it will knock thousands off resale as swiveling seats is a big feature of a campervan.

Nice tie BTW

Oh heck! Better check my order!
Farl

Oh.... Hi btw....
Hi and welcome.
Yes, not to have swivel seats would be a bad mistake.

Back