Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Swivel electric can I get or not

M

Mervyn kennedy

VIP Member
hi all we have a t6 from march this year and are specking a new one for 2017 we have put in our order it's a 204 dog 4 motion with a load of extras as we have learned a lot from the one we have now anyway long story short .do we loose our swivel ability if our Cali comes with electric front seats as this option I think is about €2300 .it as every one that has ever used a California needs pretty much everything to work and in their own places .space is not plentiful but in order all very good .just after looking at mechanism on ours to see if I could order the swivel mechanism and fit separate . I could probably do this but the only thing is if the motors for the electrics are down much this would rise the seats a lot whic would rise me up and make it unrealistic for driving .also the swivel mechanism could be any money 2,3 hundred each plus perhaps two to 3 days to fit if even at all possible or even worth while . Order can't be changed from tomorrow . I might even be to late now to discard the electrics now .i am handy with making things as I am a steel fabricator . Any help would be great .cheers MK

Yes - only the standard seats swivel, all the 'upgrades' lose it - bonkers...

You can retro-fit swivel plates (search for the Swivelgate thread) which many VW converters sell, but I don't know whether the extra electrics will interfere with that.

Yes - only the standard seats swivel, all the 'upgrades' lose it - bonkers...

You can retro-fit swivel plates (search for the Swivelgate thread) which many VW converters sell, but I don't know whether the extra electrics will interfere with that.
Many thanks just confirmed yesterday morning. By dealer principle that I will loose swivel .must be that the motors effect the swivel .not prepared to chance retro fitting the swivel as I am sure it would. Rise the seat .thanks for your help .mk

Many thanks just confirmed yesterday morning. By dealer principle that I will loose swivel .must be that the motors effect the swivel .not prepared to chance retro fitting the swivel as I am sure it would. Rise the seat .thanks for your help .mk
I think it's the height adjustment that affects it as the standard seats don't go up and down, but the non-swivel Comfort Seats do, likewise motorised...
Have you managed to swap, or are you staying with the motorised?
The dealer should have warned you when placing the order as the swivelling front seats are really part of the California experience.

I think it's the height adjustment that affects it as the standard seats don't go up and down, but the non-swivel Comfort Seats do, likewise motorised...
Have you managed to swap, or are you staying with the motorised?
The dealer should have warned you when placing the order as the swivelling front seats are really part of the California experience.
Hi I have stayed with the swivel seats .just wasent prepared to start messing around ordering swivel mechanisms as this system is very complex and compact and a lot of moving pieces to get right .i wasent going to spend all that money to then turn around and start modifying .i am trying to get away from all of that .we have a lot of stuf to transfer from our 2016 t6 when our new one comes in .i don't know of anyone that has traded up to a mother t6 from a t6 with 6 k kilometres .thanks for your reply sir .mk

Back