Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front seats wont swivel [ Swivelgate ]

Hello, welcome and may your seats be swivelling :D

Hi and welcome.
Yes, not to have swivel seats would be a bad mistake.
Sorted, cancelled the order!!! But... bought a neatly new one with just under 6,000 on the clock and saved £13,000!!
Fronts swivel, middle swivel and 3 seat bench. All sorted thanks.
Pick it up next weekend. But if a change from the T4 I used to have.
Only need to upgrade the steering wheel from standard to remote controls.
Thanks for the advice.
Farl

Sorted, cancelled the order!!! But... bought a neatly new one with just under 6,000 on the clock and saved £13,000!!
Fronts swivel, middle swivel and 3 seat bench. All sorted thanks.
Pick it up next weekend. But if a change from the T4 I used to have.
Only need to upgrade the steering wheel from standard to remote controls.
Thanks for the advice.
Farl
:thumb:thumb

Hi,

I’ve recently bought a 2018 T6 ocean... front passenger seat swivels but drivers is a comfort? Didn’t realise there were different types of seats. does anyone know if VW sell a swivel seat? We are a family of 4 so need a solution.

Thanks.

Hi,

I’ve recently bought a 2018 T6 ocean... front passenger seat swivels but drivers is a comfort? Didn’t realise there were different types of seats. does anyone know if VW sell a swivel seat? We are a family of 4 so need a solution.

Thanks.
Seems strange that they are not a pair, I didn't think you could choose different seat types. Could prove expensive buying a VW seat, you may be better looking at an after market swivel plate to turn the drivers seat into a swivel chair.

Perhaps you could find someone on the forum who would benefit from an adjustable height drivers seat and would be happy to swap? When there is just two people you don't really need the drivers seat to swivel and if someone is very tall/short an adjustable seat would be a blessing.

Seems strange that they are not a pair, I didn't think you could choose different seat types. Could prove expensive buying a VW seat, you may be better looking at an after market swivel plate to turn the drivers seat into a swivel chair.
Thanks for your advice. I also thought it was strange that they are not a pair. I checked the passenger seat swivelled but didn’t think to check the drivers. ☹️ Will get on to VW to see what the damage is as ideally would like to keep equipment original. (Sad I know as am sure there’s better stuff out there)

So... Been on to a nameless VW dealership today to try and order a new swivel seat (if available). Didn’t get the impression they new much about the California? (Kept going on about a rear bench swivel - which I assume they mean the optional 5th seat) Does anyone use a vw contact that knows the California inside out? there must be one? Many thanks

Hi,

Thanks.

I knowingly bought a 2016 Beach with the comfort seats, using my knowledge of swivelgate I negotiated a good deal and just before signing noticed they did not swivel so got an even better discount. I fitted the Sportscraft bases and they worked well.

I had that Beach 2 1/2 years and never used the driver swivel !

I found the comfort height adjustable seats better than the seats in my Ocean with factory swivels.

I would imagine a new driver seat from a dealer with height adjustment would be £1k if not more as they have air bags ???

Back