Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuses and battery under seat

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Can't remember reading about accessing these. Especially the fuses. Had a quick look and see there is a bolt to undo once plastic trim behind seat is removed. I presume it's just a case of going for it as there doesn't appear to be anything in the manual. Well not in mine anyway.

Am I missing something. Struggling to access fuses in dash as well. Presume I'm just being a bit delicate with the panel that needs removing. As I don't have to get in there and just inquisitive I shall probably be nagging someone at the Brean meet where I hop to make a visit.

Mike

Can't remember reading about accessing these. Especially the fuses. Had a quick look and see there is a bolt to undo once plastic trim behind seat is removed. I presume it's just a case of going for it as there doesn't appear to be anything in the manual. Well not in mine anyway.

Am I missing something. Struggling to access fuses in dash as well. Presume I'm just being a bit delicate with the panel that needs removing. As I don't have to get in there and just inquisitive I shall probably be nagging someone at the Brean meet where I hop to make a visit.

Mike

Not sure what you mean about under the seat, but the middle ones are behind the bottle holder, I know of none others. Open the bottle holder front, feel for two clips and pinch together the whole thing comes out as one and behind are fuses. Or have I misread

Not sure what you mean about under the seat, but the middle ones are behind the bottle holder, I know of none others. Open the bottle holder front, feel for two clips and pinch together the whole thing comes out as one and behind are fuses. Or have I misread
Thanks I'll have a look.

Sure I read somewhere there were more under the seat. Fuse for pump for tap in sink springs to mind.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks I'll have a look.

Sure I read somewhere there were more under the seat. Fuse for pump for tap in sink springs to mind.

Mike

Most if not all the habitation fuses are under the l/h seat.
Access by sliding the passenger fully back, not easy to get at but doable.

Thanks I'll have a look.

Mike

Yes it is.

I wanted to take the tap fuse out as that is included in the official way to drain the tank. I quickly gave it up as an awkward task and simply opened the drain valve, took off the filler cap and let it drain out. Then just ran the tap for a couple of seconds to ensure the tank and pipe work was dry. No need to touch the fuse.

swivel the seat 1/4 and slide it until you have better acces ....

Thanks all I will have a play. I was surprised there was mention of the fuses under the left hand seat and then no instructions on how to access them.

Mike

The ones behind the botlle holder , you open the botlle holder and sqeeze the two plastic things thogether and pull the botlleholder out.
I have a post with pictures somewhere on the forum ...try and look it up later , just home from work.

Yes it is.

I wanted to take the tap fuse out as that is included in the official way to drain the tank. I quickly gave it up as an awkward task and simply opened the drain valve, took off the filler cap and let it drain out. Then just ran the tap for a couple of seconds to ensure the tank and pipe work was dry. No need to touch the fuse.
To drain the tap without running the pump dry - In Right Kitchen cupboard - remove cutlery draw and feel up alongside the Right/Rear of the sink. There is a plug/socket connection. Undo and tap can be opened, to allow drain back, without running the pump dry.:thumb

The ones behind the botlle holder , you open the botlle holder and sqeeze the two plastic things thogether and pull the botlleholder out.
I have a post with pictures somewhere on the forum ...try and look it up later , just home from work.
Cracked it HC.

Also the one under the LH Seat.
Swivelled seat, 1/4 turn and slide towards rear.

0837fd8adb4ea409bb637f5df53208b5.jpg

Happy now. Would feel daft not knowing how to access if I had a problem.
Next trick is identifying them.

Mike

To drain the tap without running the pump dry - In Right Kitchen cupboard - remove cutlery draw and feel up alongside the Right/Rear of the sink. There is a plug/socket connection. Undo and tap can be opened, to allow drain back, without running the pump dry.:thumb

Thanks for that WG :thumb. I thought there must be an accessible connection somewhere, that will save further investigation by me.

Use the fuse layouts availeble in the downloadsection to start with , it should be thesame in major lines....

Use the fuse layouts availeble in the downloadsection to start with , it should be thesame in major lines....
How Can I get access to the download section? I am a new member and are looking for a fuse diagram before a trip to Marocco.