Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas Problem - Help!!

tim batten

tim batten

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
We are currently travelling around Spain and Portugal, and we are having gas problems! The pressure is very inconsistent and sometimes, there is not enough pressure for the rings to light. I have checked everything obvious. There is gas in the bottle (I actually bought a new oneon a campsite in Bilbao to be certain -a bargain at €13.50 for a full 907!!), the connection to the regulator is OK, and the tap is on under the worktop. All I can think of is that the regulator has become faulty. It has worked fine for the last 3 years. Has anyone else had a problem with the regulator, or can anyone else suggest any other reason for our problem? Luckily we have a Remoska electric pan with us which is fine when we have hook up, but at other times it is a real pain. Thanks for any suggestions. Tim and Caroline.

Maybe the temperature in the gas compartment is causing the problem? I read the minimum temp to use butane is 4 degree C - in my experience trouble starts at considerable higer temperatures.

Thanks for the suggestion Leo but temperatures here at the moment are well above that - around 10 deg min. Also, last winter we were in Andorra in freezing conditions and the gas worked just fine!

slowcoach65 said:
My guess would be the regulator :?:

Andy

I agree Tim in that I think your original diagnosis of the Gas regulator is the problem.

John