Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas safety valve leaking!

That looks a tidy valve bvddobb and certainly worth a look at. At the moment I am giving VW the opportunity to replace the faulty component under warrantee as the Cali is only a few weeks old.
When sorted a replacement sturdier solution will mean I will also have a spare.

Thank you.

I was thinking of Scandanavia. What do folks there do for gas as there CampingGaz appears to be unavailable there?

The 907 is fully available in Denmark … I am uncertain about Sweden and Norway, But why not?

The 907 is fully available in Denmark … I am uncertain about Sweden and Norway, But why not?
Not available in Scandinavia.
IMG_0249.PNG

Well. Some parts of Scandinavia. Im not shure how much truth this map shows. According to the map, the 907 should not be available in northern Denmark and that is a falsum for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well. Some parts of Scandinavia. Im not shure how much truth this map shows. According to the map, the 907 should not be available in northern Denmark and that is a falsum for sure.

These are the registered Campingaz Agents/Retailers. Doesn't mean others cannot act as sub-retailers buying their stock from an official Agent. Anyway, probably not sold as, as has been stated, Campingaz is mainly Butane so not very useful in cold climates although as it is carried internally in the California probably less of a problem.

WG. Do you remember if they actially use them i the Calis in NO and SE. I think I can recall such a discussion in here once? Anyway they are to find on most harbors and campings around DK.

WG. Do you remember if they actially use them i the Calis in NO and SE. I think I can recall such a discussion in here once? Anyway they are to find on most harbors and campings around DK.

Sorry, cannot help there. I very much doubt if VW would supply them with anything else but the standard Campingaz valve/fittings. If there was anything different it would be supplied locally by the Dealerships.
I just carry a 904 as a spare and as long as my 907 is about 50% Full then I'm good to go for 3-4 weeks.

Having said that, we have never had issues with the Campinggaz/butane in subzero Celsius temperatures ourselves yet. It seems the warmth in the vehicle and the insulation of the water tank around the gas allows for use in some not to deep below zero outside temperatures without issues.
Until this January, that is...
We were in Germany with unexpectedly minus 15 degrees Celsius. We hadn't thought to change the Campinggaz butane for the propane, and now we suddenly had half the burner capacity... The gas still evaporated, but only half of what we were used to came through. We had had a cold wind to the kitchen side of the van. The container was still warm enough to have the gas evaporate, but probably the gas had condensed and was frozen in the piping, so that only half came through. After a day of plus 5 degrees Celsius everything functioned normally again.