Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Goodbye Brussels, hello Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eu immigrants can both get a job and work as their own in sweden

What is left of "Great" Britain after Scotland and North Ireland leaves and joins the eu?
Scotland is part of the UK and will remain so.

Maybe this could be the start of the whole EU pack of cards come tumbling down, Holland are already talking about a referendum to leave, now we've decided to go it could cause every other country to look at whether they'd be better off out of it as well

Sent from my Galaxy S6

• Agree
Reactions: OJ1
I think Europe should also think about what is happening and tell why that much of European citicens want to leave. I bet I in Spain we had the chance to vote lot of people would vote leave. Don't know if leave could win, but for sure a lot, too much, people.

There are many things Europe have to change, starting by getting democratic and allowing citicens who rules the union.

It certainly could and is why we can expect a lot of tough talk from the EU. Problem they have is that to inflict pain on us they will also be inflicting on themselves. Time will tell Freeley

Mike

By voting to leave we have made our government more accountable by removing a layer of government that we could not vote out. Our MP's can no longer say, 'that's Brussels', they will be accountable through Parliament.

On the site here, the Belgian I have spoken to and also the French (it has not got many people on it!) are sympathetic to the Brexit result and think the the EU must change. Cannot continue as it is.

The instability we are seeing at the moment will go shortly just as it did after leaving the ERM. Then there was a big financial shock initially but the UK economy then greatly improved whereas under the ERM we were struggling

The result is a shock though.

Well if you believe in democracy you have to accept winning and losing.
"The irony, such major economic decision was left on simple people" (as posted above) is typical of the "clever" people who think they know better than these "simple" people. The electorate is cleverer than the "clever" ones think, this was about control of our own country and not rushing into headlong political union.
The EU elite only have themselves to blame. They ignored our concerns for years but were happy enough to collect our money (whatever the real figure) which in many cases was spent corruptly.

What comes next? Another referendum where "simple" people are not allowed to vote?

The irony, such major economic decision was left on simple people, who get most of the negative effects first.
Cali society alone will feel the hard burn with prices jump and products availability.
Thanks for picking sp0_0k up on this Ambler.

This is an horrendous comment and I hope is down to writing in a 2nd language (?) rather than actually intended.
My Facebook profile is full of posts from well off, intellectual Lefty friends who spent years championing the rights of the working class who have, in just a few hours, nastily turned on the same group for taking a decision they don't agree with.
We all had a vote. If you don't like the outcome, suck it up, because your opinion is only worth the same as everyone else's, and the majority thought differently to you.

And the lies are already emerging. Don't know how many of you saw Nigel Farage being interviewed on Good Morning Britain this morning but he said that one of Leave campaign's big promises of investing the £350M in the NHS was a "mistake".
And I'm sure that I saw a feature about Norway on TV recently in which it was said that while they're not in the EU they had to sign up to an immigration policy as part of their trade deals, so if that's correct then that blows their main argument out of the window.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Thanks for picking sp0_0k up on this Ambler.

This is an horrendous comment and I hope is down to writing in a 2nd language (?) rather than actually intended.
My Facebook profile is full of posts from well off, intellectual Lefty friends who spent years championing the rights of the working class who have, in just a few hours, nastily turned on the same group for taking a decision they don't agree with.
We all had a vote. If you don't like the outcome, suck it up, because your opinion is only worth the same as everyone else's, and the majority thought differently to you.
Agree we all had a vote. Sadly 10m or more of us decided not to use it.

• Agree
Reactions: OJ1
The £350M/week that we pay to the EU that is.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

The best thing that could rise from the ashes of Eurocrash is a radically revised electoral system and reform of parliament.

I do hope that happens GJ, but I'm not optimistic. At the election last year more than 16% of voters wanted LibDem, UKIP or Green, yet they gained just eight of the 650 parliamentary seats. You might have thought that would set off some alarm bells, even in Westminster.

But the two main parties, propped up by their special interests, have just kept their fingers firmly in their ears: "La la la, we can't hear you".

I don’t post on here much as I’m a newbie no one takes any notice, no Calli so I’m beneath everyone but most of you all no doubt are quite young. I started work when I was nearly 17 as an apprentice with no qualifications. Before I finished we were told we would be going decimal and taking up the metric system. Confusion you bet. Overnight it went from pounds , shillings & pence to pounds & pence. The older people were confused hell I was that way for a while but we got through even though the people who profited were the shopkeepers as everything went up. A few years after that we were told we adapted the metric measurement so no inches or decimals any more just millimetres, lucky they did not adopt the Km and kept the miles as road measurements.

Come the 1980’s and Maggie tells us we are joining Europe, now none of us had a say on this we were told we were joining. If they had put it to the vote then you would not be in this position now, because we would not be in the EU people would have voted to say out. Now the country has voted and they want to leave and people like you who do not know anything else are worried. I’m worried but we will not be getting told what to do by someone else. We have a government who sets the laws not for this country not another one setting them for us.

I voted out because I’m fed up with people coming over to the UK and sponging off us, fed up with them getting housing when our kids can’t get them and fed up with them abusing our NHS.

This country need sorting out first the EU can come second and now they are worried other country’s will follow suit and the money will stop coming in for them to get fat off but the one thing that upsets me most is the fact we have lost all our skills, business felt that the need to out source was the thing to do and did not take on apprentices now we face a skill shortage and I feel like a dinosaur the last of a kind who has no one to pass the skills I learned on to.

I was feeling depressed before I read your post roadrunner I feel even worse now!
I just don't see any positives at the moment, just years of turmoil and confusion ahead, they're already talking about a recession.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Just to set out some facts in a very simple way:
Our currency was devalued by 7% this morning
£1.5trillion wiped off shares
£250bn in QE. That's LOANS from you and I (which we also pay interest on) to business in order to maintain stability and avoid a complete catastrophe.
Prime Minister resigns.

As a result the UK is no longer the 5th largest economy, it has been overtaken by France.

Most entrepreneurs leaving the UK, taking their businesses with them.

And this is in just one morning. Some here might view this as a success, I think it's economic suicide. There's a strong chance at the moment that we don't make it: the UK will break up and what remains of England will go bankrupt.

No guarantees there @Digger .... we might be back to the ballot box, in the not too distant future.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36621030
Hi Tommy Gun

Problem is we have no money to pay for the services we enjoy courtesy of being part of the UK. Scottish Power is owned by Spanish - Whisky belongs to USA and Indian companies (only Scottish Water is home owned) and the best paid jobs are from Government posts i.e Faslane etc.
Our Uni did a study of our economy and it is quite frightening. As you know governments don't have money except for taxation and the taxes of 60 million are better for supporting a country than those where only about 2 million pay any tax.
As for independence where would we stand giving over all power to the EU????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back