Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Goodbye Brussels, hello Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Geezso

Vehicle
N/A
What's everyone's thoughts, we voted stay as in Sturgeon we trust (as a country)
How did your region do?
The pound has taken a pounding too, I fear the Tories and Cameron have played a blinder.

Strange all this, some of the brits who work in my small hometown in the restaurant buisness will have to go home. I cant believe what will be better about this at all? I guess every import incl California will be more expensive in the UK.

Have now changed my holiday plans from Lake District to Pyrenees....

Yes, everything, starting now will be more expensive because of the reality check of the pound, but when uk leaves eu import taxes etc will make stuff even more expensive. I guess bmw and others are right now looking at moving production of cars out of uk. One thing for sure, there will be much less work opportunities in the uk in a few years.

image.jpeg Time will tell what the impact is but in my personal view a very sad day, the 'older' generation effectively voting for something the 'younger' generation didn't want...they are the ones who will have to live with the consequences (whatever they are)

The irony, such major economic decision was left on simple people, who get most of the negative effects first.
Cali society alone will feel the hard burn with prices jump and products availability.

Problem is where to? Ironically the uk citizens won't get work permits etc in the so they must go home to a country where foreign employers have left.

Problem is where to? Ironically the uk citizens won't get work permits etc in the so they must go home to a country where foreign employers have left.
You don't need a work permit to open own business. ;)
He is right, lots of businesses going to move to a huge open EU market.

Most are here from the mainland. Will return. The UK born ones will go now before article 50 is invoked

I live in Bristol a wealthy City which like must other wealthy areas voted strongly remain. They did so because they believed that they would have more to lose than gain by leaving which was the remain case.

In the poorer areas they were not interested in this and showed their displeasure by poking the establishment on all sides with a sharp stick.

Unfortunately we are all now going to pay the price for failing to listen to those who felt disenfranchised and angry. This has been brewing for 30 years and could have been prevented if as a nation we had worked towards a more equal society.

If you marginalise a group of society they will eventually join together and attack you.
On this occasion due to a fight for their votes Cameron promised a referendum to win those votes, quieten his own right wing and therefore win the election.

He was unable to gain concessions from the EU to ensure an easy win and underestimated the anger.

We all now must face the consequences which were avoidable. On this occasion it has been done democratically

What we will now never now is would we have been able to change the EU from within. It would have been nice to have tried but in all honesty I believe we are just going to get our pain earlier than later as I do not believe the will is in the EU to change.

Cameron has now resigned but given us some breathing space before Article 50 is invoked.

If we can stop the bickering and work together to change our society and the way we conduct politics we will succeed. If we don't we shall suffer.

Mike

We are in the UK at this time , hope they let us go back home using the ferry wednesday and not use us as hostages....

If the pound stays this low, everyone that imports will have to adjust their pricing. This is going to cost England a lot!
It'll cost the UK a lot. England is a part of the UK (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) for goodness sake. Its difficult but try to adjust, its only been 300 or so years of union.

We are in the UK at this time , hope they let us go back home using the ferry wednesday and not use us as hostages....

Don't worry HC, I remember being in Paris the afternoon when London's bid to stage the 2012 Olympics beat Paris. I still got out okay that evening (although I kept my passport hidden) :D

We still love you, even if it's just for your moules frites and waffles now... :happy:happy

At least we will know.

A fractured, divided and polarised society has had it's voice heard, a voice that is not heard through our corrupt and undemocratic first past the post electoral system and a second chamber composed of unelected, unwanted and probably unwashed cronies of the political elite.

We have had too many disenfranchised voters, over 4m ukip voters for example, who screamed "Listen to us".

The best thing that could rise from the ashes of Eurocrash is a radically revised electoral system and reform of parliament.

I was shocked when I woke up to the news this morning, I thought that remain would win out when the time came.
Long term it may work out ok but in the short term it's pretty scary.
If the pound stays low I assume inflation will start to rise, I can only see negatives at the moment.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

I voted out and I certainly do not live in a poor area and find that comment quite offensive.
Kirk my point was a general one. I also voted out and do not live in a poor area. Bristol is doing well and voted strongly in.

Mike

Eu immigrants can both get a job and work as their own in sweden
It'll cost the UK a lot. England is a part of the UK (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) for goodness sake. Its difficult but try to adjust, its only been 300 or so years of union.
What is left of "Great" Britain after Scotland and North Ireland leaves and joins the eu?

Well we're of in the Cali, hopefully somewhere without Internet and with enough wine and beer to make sure we don't have to think about this whole sorry saga...time to move on and enjoy being out there (wherever that might be...) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back