Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Goodbye Brussels, hello Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CnOXT-XWgAAy_x5.jpg:large
CnOX1CkXYAASFo9.jpg:large

UK govt just sold £1.25bn of 10yr index linked (eg inflation proof) bonds at an interest rate of -1.578%

Just to explain what this means, people are now paying the government to hold their money as only losing 1.578% is considered the best investment strategy.

CnPHZrZXEAAUl75.jpg:large

If I see any more tables then I'm going to think that I have woken up in an Ikea warehouse :sad

I would not have expected these tables to be any different. We are at the start of a process and there is uncertainty. Considering what has occurred and what has yet to be done it's normal.
Sooner we move on and stop predicting doom the better we will be.
Brexit means Brexit. The more confidence we show the better our futures will be.
It's not going to be hard to find negatives.

Mike

Just like a Dog with a Bone.
image.jpeg

I (or the markets) are not predicting doom, it's actually happened. It's Christmas Day and we are the turkeys.

Boris Johnson is now our foreign secretary. Seriously you could not make this stuff up. Politics at its worst as May screws this country in order to keep her enemies close and weaken any threat of Johnson vying for the Tory leadership.

I usually agree with you Fred, but on this occasion I don't.

I think May has been very shrewd. It is better to have Johnson where she can keep an eye on him than plotting revolution from the back benches.

I think we're agreeing with each other on that. But I would go further. She's put him in a role where his bumfoolery won't wash. The press, rightly so are going to tear him to shreds for his appalling comments on Obama, Turkey, etc and expose his cynical opportunistic politics. I give him a month before he has to resign.

Day 1.

28, 30 or 31 day month?

Lets just see how things go, shame our Politicians aren't as capable as some of our sports people....(Engalnd football aside!) ....as a minimum it will entertaining with Boris at the Foreign Office...! Personally May seems to be the best of an unsatisfactory bunch, time will tell....

I was stunned to see she had made Boris foreign secretary, it has done our standing in the world no favours but if she has just given him enough rope to hang himself, and he does it soon, it may be a master stroke. The big issue is if or when she invokes Article 50.

It's an all-round win with Boris.

She has him where she can see him: she has him accountable for living up to his promises pre Brexit of how we can now sell a freed-up Britain to the world. Love him or loathe him he is a first class charismatic showman who has demonstrated he can strut the world stage with confidence.

We are in peculiar times. Britain at this moment does not need a stoney-faced diplomat of solemn gravitas. It wants someone with belief in himself and his country.

Last edited:
Tend to agree with Keith and GJ.
Enough rope to hang himself but if he doesn't he could be just what we need.
Won't be boring!

Mike

Very clever move by TM. My first reaction was WTF but thinking it through, very shrewd.

Glad Gove is gone.

I fear Boris will be about as appropriate to foreigners as Prince Philip.
In a few weeks we will be living in a Mad Max style world with Theresa May as Tina Turner.

Day 1.

28, 30 or 31 day month?
Have you really no shame whatsoever? I've already outed you for your facist, racist behaviour towards me and you keep coming back like a turd that just won't flush. Please quit trolling me, it's tedious.

I'll ask again, to any of the 52% who voted for Brexit:
What is your plan for the UK now that it is leaving the EU?
Getting rid of the likes of you.:thefinger

Have you really no shame whatsoever? I've already outed you for your facist, racist behaviour towards me and you keep coming back like a turd that just won't flush. Please quit trolling me, it's tedious.
No shame whatsoever. Remember I'm one of the STUPID GERIATRIC Idiots who voted to LEAVE.
I was just clarifying your statement regarding a " Month " as to which time interval you were referring to as you were imprecise in your statement which is unusual for you.

Simple Definition of fascism
  • : a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the government

• : very harsh control or authority
Racism is the belief that some races are better than others, and the actions which result from those beliefs.[1][2] For example, during The Holocaust, Nazis in Germanybelieved that some races did not even deserve to exist. These beliefs were racist. Because of those beliefs, they killed many people who belonged to those races. Those actions, which resulted from their racist beliefs, were also racist.

Racism has existed throughout human history. It has influenced wars, slavery, the creation of nations, and laws. However, racism has never been the only cause of wars and slavery. Leaders often used racism to make their actions seem all right. For example, the Nazis used the idea that Slavic peoples were less than human to make it seem all right to take over those people's countries.

You should be very careful about using such words on a Public Forum when it is fairly obvious you are unaware of their correct meaning, but that is typical of certain members of the Remain camp who are not prepared to accept the outcome of the Democratic Referendum.

Racism is the belief that some races are better than others, and the actions which result from those beliefs.[1][2] For example, during The Holocaust, Nazis in Germanybelieved that some races did not even deserve to exist. These beliefs were racist. Because of those beliefs, they killed many people who belonged to those races. Those actions, which resulted from their racist beliefs, were also racist.

The Macpherson Report substantially broadened the definition of racism.

The Macpherson Report substantially broadened the definition of racism.
Maybe so, but remember I'm supposed to be Stupid and Geriatric so like to keep things simple.

Fred, your problem is that you have no sense of humour and you use bad language. We don't do that

Maybe so, but remember I'm supposed to be Stupid and Geriatric so like to keep things simple.

Nothing is simple when you are stupid and geriatric :shocked

The stress I have in my life striving with complexities as remembering what pills to take ....

I even have to be reminded what a pill is :sad

Nothing is simple when you are stupid and geriatric :shocked

The stress I have in my life striving with complexities as remembering what pills to take ....

I even have to be reminded what a pill is :sad
You'll have to get one of those Calendar Pill Boxes for the Butler to use.:rolleyes:
We'll probably all need one at some point.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back