Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California 680 - Build DELAY!

J

Jester

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hello Bobcat,
The problem I have is joining the two tabs at the base of the middle section where the mattress has the 'cut-out' section. The gap between the tabs is about 40 cm and you only have the hook to join them together. As I show in the photograph, the end pokes up in the air because the tension is so great.
Alan
Hi Alan,

I ordered x2 sets from the forum shop so have used the longer elastic hooks from the second set and as say the tension is to great and pulls the bottom part of the mattress out of shape.
I have also advised the shop who are awaiting advice from Brandrup.

Z

Zephyr

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi Alan,

I ordered x2 sets from the forum shop so have used the longer elastic hooks from the second set and as say the tension is to great and pulls the bottom part of the mattress out of shape.
I have also advised the shop who are awaiting advice from Brandrup.
Thank you Will. I have realised the same as you. Will get in touch with Brandrup tomorrow.

J

Jester

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hello Bobcat,
Thanks for your photographs. It seems that the side tabs on our sheet are not as near the bottom as yours. I'll contact Brandrup tomorrow and see what they have to say.
Alan
Be interesting to know what that say please Alan.
Will

Z

Zephyr

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Be interesting to know what that say please Alan.
Will
Hello Will,
The retailer has confirmed that Brandrup say that the loops are in the right position but the incorrect straps were supplied. I have been provided with two of the 10cm straps which sort the problem out.
tempImagedCbEQw.png

J

Jester

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hello Will,
The retailer has confirmed that Brandrup say that the loops are in the right position but the incorrect straps were supplied. I have been provided with two of the 10cm straps which sort the problem out.
View attachment 78605
Great news Alan,

Have advised the shop of your outcome so should get similar. Thanks.

re smaller table i took mine to a joinery works and asked them to cut it down to my dims, they did and is easy to get around now. They must have what is called a banding machine for the-edging. Cost £70. Well worth it.

Z

Zephyr

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Great news Alan,

Have advised the shop of your outcome so should get similar. Thanks.

re smaller table i took mine to a joinery works and asked them to cut it down to my dims, they did and is easy to get around now. They must have what is called a banding machine for the-edging. Cost £70. Well worth it.
What are the dimensions of your cut-down table? Is there a photo?
I've got diesel for heating and only want to use Calor 6kg bottles. Do I just need to change the gas bottle floor holders?
Hope you get satisfaction with the straps.

J

Jester

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi Alan,
re 6kg gas bottles should be just a case of moving the holders well maybe just x2 of them.

The table its important to leave the existing leg in place otherwise it would be difficult to swing your legs under. So dims are width the same 21.25” and length 40” including the end rail bracket.
Will

Z

Zephyr

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi Alan,
re 6kg gas bottles should be just a case of moving the holders well maybe just x2 of them.

The table its important to leave the existing leg in place otherwise it would be difficult to swing your legs under. So dims are width the same 21.25” and length 40” including the end rail bracket.
Will

Z

Zephyr

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi Alan,

Will
Hello Will,
Thanks for your suggestions. I appreciate your help.
Alan

J

Jester

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hello Will,
Thanks for your suggestions. I appreciate your help.
Alan
No worries Alan.

The table is just long and wide enough still for 4 people without being overly large. If there’s are just the 2 of you a slightly narrower table might suffice.

Will

S

soppelsa

No worries Alan.

The table is just long and wide enough still for 4 people without being overly large. If there’s are just the 2 of you a slightly narrower table might suffice.

Will
Has anyone tried to order a GC680 4 motion its not available on the configurator along with the diff lock option.

J

Jester

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Has anyone tried to order a GC680 4 motion its not available on the configurator along with the diff lock option.
There is a cancelled order one at Breeze Poole. ie GC 680 4motion in silver with high spec. Emma is the contact.

VW California Club