Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California 680 - Build DELAY!

Hi Zephyr if you want to send me your email address privately I’ll send you a diagram.

Here you go, the separate hooks are used also. If your still having a problem ill do some photos for you.

ps Haken = hook ie the spares you have.

Befestigungsplan 100707612.jpg

Hi Topsy, I fitted our shower head attachment above the toilet with the thought of avoiding a direct spray on the door.

Hello Will,
Not me! We've gone for Indium Grey. We collected it on Friday form Crawley. We were pretty tired after the double journey from near Carmarthen. Spent yesterday acquainting ourselves with the the 680. It would have been so much better if we had been sent the instruction manuals before 'handover'. I think there must be at least a weeks reading!
However, we are delighted with the 680! It drives so well and the quality of the finish is excellent. We are trying to get the bed prepared and are struggling with the Brandrup fitted sheets. We've only got two hooks left and no straps. There is about 40cms between the loops and you can see what happens when you hook the two loops with the hook! Am I missing something?
View attachment 78542View attachment 78543
Hi Alan,

im out at the moment but go to the Brandrup web site and the is a photo of the 680 sheet layout.

Here you go, the separate hooks are used also. If your still having a problem ill do some photos for you.

ps Haken = hook ie the spares you have.

View attachment 78548
Hello Bobcat,
The problem I have is joining the two tabs at the base of the middle section where the mattress has the 'cut-out' section. The gap between the tabs is about 40 cm and you only have the hook to join them together. As I show in the photograph, the end pokes up in the air because the tension is so great.
Alan

Hello Bobcat,
The problem I have is joining the two tabs at the base of the middle section where the mattress has the 'cut-out' section. The gap between the tabs is about 40 cm and you only have the hook to join them together. As I show in the photograph, the end pokes up in the air because the tension is so great.
Alan
Hi Alan,

I ordered x2 sets from the forum shop so have used the longer elastic hooks from the second set and as say the tension is to great and pulls the bottom part of the mattress out of shape.
I have also advised the shop who are awaiting advice from Brandrup.

Hi Alan,

I ordered x2 sets from the forum shop so have used the longer elastic hooks from the second set and as say the tension is to great and pulls the bottom part of the mattress out of shape.
I have also advised the shop who are awaiting advice from Brandrup.
Thank you Will. I have realised the same as you. Will get in touch with Brandrup tomorrow.

Hello Bobcat,
Thanks for your photographs. It seems that the side tabs on our sheet are not as near the bottom as yours. I'll contact Brandrup tomorrow and see what they have to say.
Alan
Be interesting to know what that say please Alan.
Will

Be interesting to know what that say please Alan.
Will
Hello Will,
The retailer has confirmed that Brandrup say that the loops are in the right position but the incorrect straps were supplied. I have been provided with two of the 10cm straps which sort the problem out.
tempImagedCbEQw.png

Hello Will,
The retailer has confirmed that Brandrup say that the loops are in the right position but the incorrect straps were supplied. I have been provided with two of the 10cm straps which sort the problem out.
View attachment 78605
Great news Alan,

Have advised the shop of your outcome so should get similar. Thanks.

re smaller table i took mine to a joinery works and asked them to cut it down to my dims, they did and is easy to get around now. They must have what is called a banding machine for the-edging. Cost £70. Well worth it.

Great news Alan,

Have advised the shop of your outcome so should get similar. Thanks.

re smaller table i took mine to a joinery works and asked them to cut it down to my dims, they did and is easy to get around now. They must have what is called a banding machine for the-edging. Cost £70. Well worth it.
What are the dimensions of your cut-down table? Is there a photo?
I've got diesel for heating and only want to use Calor 6kg bottles. Do I just need to change the gas bottle floor holders?
Hope you get satisfaction with the straps.

Hi Alan,
re 6kg gas bottles should be just a case of moving the holders well maybe just x2 of them.

The table its important to leave the existing leg in place otherwise it would be difficult to swing your legs under. So dims are width the same 21.25” and length 40” including the end rail bracket.
Will

Hi Alan,
re 6kg gas bottles should be just a case of moving the holders well maybe just x2 of them.

The table its important to leave the existing leg in place otherwise it would be difficult to swing your legs under. So dims are width the same 21.25” and length 40” including the end rail bracket.
Will

Hi Alan,

Will
Hello Will,
Thanks for your suggestions. I appreciate your help.
Alan

Hello Will,
Thanks for your suggestions. I appreciate your help.
Alan
No worries Alan.

The table is just long and wide enough still for 4 people without being overly large. If there’s are just the 2 of you a slightly narrower table might suffice.

Will

No worries Alan.

The table is just long and wide enough still for 4 people without being overly large. If there’s are just the 2 of you a slightly narrower table might suffice.

Will
Has anyone tried to order a GC680 4 motion its not available on the configurator along with the diff lock option.

Has anyone tried to order a GC680 4 motion its not available on the configurator along with the diff lock option.
There is a cancelled order one at Breeze Poole. ie GC 680 4motion in silver with high spec. Emma is the contact.

Back