Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California 680 - Build DELAY!

Thank you for the prompt response. It is difficult to make sense of the information coming from VW. I wonder whether VW are using this ultimatum to wriggle out of the price protection I was offered when I ordered on 1st December. Have there been any recent price increases in the German market?
Please keep me informed of any updates in Germany.
Many thanks.
Alan

here it is also sometimes not easy to get specific information from VW about things like the "no diesel heater", that is why I wrote Truma and they told me the problem was a non deliverable part from the D.heater due to ....Corona , there is boom of campers and caravans on the moment , one specific part was not deliverable on the moment, they could not tell me for how long .

The dealer in Stuttgart told me there will be a price update after the 1e March :(.

Bart

I have not had any updates on the diesel heater. So I am hoping for the best. Still waiting for the delivery date. Ordered the VW680 on the 12th January. If its available now on the web site, I would think parts are now sorted.

I have not had any updates on the diesel heater. So I am hoping for the best. Still waiting for the delivery date. Ordered the VW680 on the 12th January. If its available now on the web site, I would think parts are now sorted.
Checked with my dealer today. Still not available on the configuration tool for uk and still no update as to when it will be available. I ordered mine 20th Jan.

Load rating Front 2100 Rear 2380
R, speed apparently 106 MPH
With 2380kgs rear axle then a tyre needs to have a minimum 1190kgs load capability.

lowest (note lowest) rating marked on a tyre will be 115 which is 1215kgs

Higher number is OK but anything lower isn't legal nor covered by insurance.

Wheel rim load capability needs to be significantly over the 1215kgs figure for safety reasons in addition to the legal ones.

Tyre speed rating is usually included with the load rating number eg 115H

Tyres on a GC will usually be C commercial rated denoting that they are designed for heavy vehicles.

Aftermarket wheels and tyres to suit will be expensive as the above criteria have to be met.
Cheap options may well not and great care needs to be taken before purchasing these.

Hey Guys.
We ordered our 680 on 01DEC20 and were told to expect delivery APR/MAY21. Coincidentally, the VW SHC delay allows us more hope of post-probation stability as Ross has just been recruited by a new company, working from home (or on the road, thankfully)
I turned SIXTY yesterday (I know, I KNOW!) and we’ve decided to hang on for a SEP/OCT delivery.
Still excited though...
About the van, that is - not the sixty bit.
Ian
Hello Ian,
Have you heard anything about 680 with YHC no longer being available from your dealer?
Alan

I ordered a 3.5te GC 600 end October 2020 with lots of iteration to get below weight limit. Forecast delivery was 12th Feb 2021. On Feb 2nd dealer rang to say van was lining up for build but due to emissions reg changes applicable from 1st Jan 2021 factory analysis showed it was now overweight as specified. Diesel heater would not be available till Dec 2020 anyway and even with gas heater would still need to take programmable remote 7VL out of the build to get under new weight limit.

Van conversion parts websites are showing Truma D 6 deliveries expected in June 2020 but who knows when it will be available in VW UK build configurator.

The uk configuration tool has the diesel heating back on it now so guessing it’s available again. The Facebook forums suggest German orders are now been fulfilled with diesel heating.

The uk configuration tool has the diesel heating back on it now so guessing it’s available again. The Facebook forums suggest German orders are now been fulfilled with diesel heating.
Just been on the UK web configurator and diesel heater is indeed now available to select again and my previously saved configurations that were “unavailable“ presumably due to having diesel heater are now available to view again.

However, I have checked with my dealer today and he has checked with brand support and they confirmed they will not take orders at present with diesel heaters.

Well just had some good news. My GC with diesel heating has just been confirmed as build week 20 build 13. I ordered in at the end of January and was told to expect it September originally.

Well just had some good news. My GC with diesel heating has just been confirmed as build week 20 build 13. I ordered in at the end of January and was told to expect it September originally.
I’ve also had similar good news a couple of days ago that I can now have a diesel heater and build week will be in April 2021.

Great news congrats, time to buy your gadgets.

They’ve changed the build spec available and delivery forecast so many times already that I‘m not overly optimistic they will deliver to spec on time so I am holding off on the gadget spend for now.

Likewise I’ll wait till I know it’s en-route.

I hear some people can track their build via an app? Anyone know which app and what I need?

Thanks

Looks like there is an option to track orders on the VW car site. However I can’t make it work with my current van order number. Any suggestions welcome...

Wow, really. Ordered mine 12th January but not got a date yet. Got an email with a van on it from VW on the 1st March saying order received. Tried to change to chrome pack today, but dealer said it could not be done. This means it might be sooner than I thought. So excited. Ready to get out and freedom. Will keep you all posted. My first VW.

Looks like there is an option to track orders on the VW car site. However I can’t make it work with my current van order number. Any suggestions welcome...

This doesn't work for commercial vehicles unfortunately. Have you been on the van site chat? Click on the speech bubble bottom right, I think it includes GCs. https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/about-us/contact-us.html

Wow, really. Ordered mine 12th January but not got a date yet. Got an email with a van on it from VW on the 1st March saying order received. Tried to change to chrome pack today, but dealer said it could not be done. This means it might be sooner than I thought. So excited. Ready to get out and freedom. Will keep you all posted. My first VW.
Assuming you have your order with VW UK, I’d suggest you call VW UK Customer services on 0800 783 4909 they will be quite happy to tell you the precise status of your order and build date and if it is indeed possible to change your spec to add chrome. My dealer advised that build specs are not 100% locked down until a couple of weeks before build so it may be that your dealer is not properly informed.

Hey congratulations! I saw you’re post and thought I’d call the dealership and check mine as I ordered at the end of Jan also. I’m on build week 20 too! Ours could be on the same ship.

Yes, I think I will call the VW customer service tomorrow. Try get the chrome pack. I think it looks great on the Indian grey colour I have ordered. My first campervan, and very happy with all the reports and reviews.

Just had update form dealer, I can have the option chrome pack. Ordered it before I had seen this. Looks like a great idea to make it look posh at the front. Thanks anyway. But still no confirmed build date. I ordered mine on the 14th of January 2021. Getting impatient.

due to a shortage of microchips VWN Poland stops its production of Crafters for 3 weeks.:(

Bart

1617953399099.png

Hi,
no, I haven't ordered a GC yet.
On the moment we can't travel, we are not in a hurry .
The normal time from ordering till delivery here in Germany is 3 to 4 month. So 3 weeks delay isn't much.
Of course it is possible that these 3 weeks delay could last longer.

Back